Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy Alcott, what has she actually done?

Poster: A snowHead
Dr John, you shouldn´t start what you can´t finish, but when it come´s to bitching, I do concede to you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kooky, it's an anonymous internet forum mate, not the Oxford Debating Society. Lighten up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dr John, you didn´t seem to think so when your ar$e was getting pounded in the helmet debate thread, oh how I laughed at you
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kooky, as I said, lighten up. The amount of joy you seem to derive from a "victory" on an internet chat forum says a huge amount about you, none of it positive (interesting turn of phrase as well, also revealing more about you).

I probably didn't contribute further because I went to do something else, I'm not sure because I'm not keeping score and I don't really care. If it helps your self-esteem to be seen as the "winner" of a debate on an internet forum then be my guest, take the victory.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks Blush

I will just be off to chalk that one up then, happy days
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dazman wrote:

I'm not saying of this is a bad thing, good on her....I'm just saying you all may be arguing for nothing cos I've a sneaking feeling that only skiing Chemmy will be doing in the future is recreational or bits for Ski Sunday and like.

....just a feeling.

We'll see next year I guess. Not going to be easy coming back after what all of 2010-2012 off; It's going to be 2 full years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The chances of CA being able to recapture her previous form is unlikely, but not to try is to never know. Having said that, and with the best will in the world, I would perhaps question any significant funding from official bodies being spent on a comeback, when so many promising new talents are desperate for funds.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
She's got far bigger balls than most of the men on snowHead s...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways, a lot of the funding that was in place a few years back was as a result of her performances though. When Snowsport GB was in big trouble and the money dried up she even paid out of her own pocket for some of her teammates to train. And, re the comeback, I think her intention is to pretty-much self fund it all because she'll probably have to anyway. DOI dosh has created that chance. Guess we'll just have to sit back and see how it goes.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia wrote:

No, that's Fatima Whitbread Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I would guess that even if her leg break is going to be the cause of her retirement, she'll still want to go out "on her terms". So it's better for her to aim at being able to race again, and take whatever results come, than to aim at coming back at the same level, which is rather unrealistic. At least then she can retire knowing that she tried everything she could, but had to yield to injuries (as many) and Old Father Time (as all) ultimately do.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dr John, un-necessarilyy catty I think, grow up eh?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulio, ROFLMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ................. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:

Yep, but her tits are average going by some of the male lard on this site.
snow report
PJSki, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Any who carves fast arc-to-arc turns in complete control down steep icy slopes without any speedchecks gets a huge amount of respect from me.

Anyone who competes at doing that gets even more.

Anyone who 'competitively competes' at that, who wasn't acclimatised to it most days since they could get ski boots small enough, deserves total respect. I can't imagine the balls it must take to stand at the top of a Downhill course and straightline it.

Go to any resort and you'll see a few hundred locals, who are MUCH better and faster skiers than anyone who wasn't born in resort will ever be. And Chemmy, a Brit, trumps 99% of them by a large margin.
latest report
paulio wrote:

the mind boggles, what kind of depraved folk work at Tescos?

snow report
Megamum wrote:
She is the best this country can offer at a sport that we have a distinct disadvantage in competing in. She has guts and determination, she is a good looker, a thoroughly nice person, and a great ambassador for her sport. There are a lot of so called 'famous' sportspeople who don't have anywhere near the same credentials. She deserves to be as famous as any of the other also rans who will compete at this summer's olympics - not everyone can win, but there is no race if there are not those who are good enough to compete against the winners. The Minimums and I think she is great and even if she doesn't meet your vigorous credentials to be famous davidhammy, I'm petty sure she she will manage perfectly well without your support, after all you are not even a famous SH are you?

Alright, alright I was only saying I didn't get her, I wasn't insulting her or calling her crap and as for the 'not even a famous snowhead' I honestly don't have a reply for that but if I have offended you for saying someone seems nice but I am not sure why she is famous then I am sorry but getting you all riled and making you spill your tea was not my intention.

I am working on my SH fame-athon by randomly clicking on topics in the hope of being offended so I can respond like an old biddy and, inshallah, one day I can be mentioned in the same breath as Eddie the Eagle, Chemmy Allcott and the dog who said "Sausages" on Blue Peter.
ski holidays
Welsh Lady Ass Fudge + Tuna Cum Sandwich + Chemmy Alcott + Me = afternoon delight.
snow report
davidhammy wrote:
the dog who said "Sausages" on Blue Peter.

I think you'll find that was "That's life"
snow conditions
Efforts must be doubled!
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
Thornyhill, In the top left corner of every ad on here is a little - sign, if you click it the ad will vanish.
Or if you pay a little towards the cost of the site no ads appear at all.

I get the little mimimise/ignore thingy on every other thread. Not this one..........pay??????? to read bollox on the internet? interesting concept. Are there people daft enough to do this?Happy
latest report
Thornyhill, What browser are you using? I'm on IE9 and I've found that with the Dogtag ads I have to use the scroll a little and then the - seems to pop out of the top left of the ad. It's quite faint though.
ski holidays
Thornyhill, yup there are. the same people that pay to read bollox also get access to discounts on ski holidays and products organised through snowheads.
snow conditions
Dot., I love it when I see people with a pair of your skis, kinda makes me proud! Cool

Ps can I have a free pair? Wink
snow report
MoodyFFS, Thanks mate

Ps I would if i could Blush
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
O.P Chemmy is the best all-round skier we have ever had, she can ski DH SG GS and com/slalom and be in the top 15 in all, only Mr Baxter has proved better in single discipline, so if she does come back for the Olympics and Atomic/Salomon suite her style, at least there will be one GB skier at Sochi that is world class.
latest report
Cynic wrote:
only Mr Baxter has proved better in single discipline, .

Bartelski's second place in a WC DH, bettered Baxter's best of 4th.
ski holidays
davidhammy, If other SH's rated your worth as a skier or as a SH on your number of SH posts you'd be confined to the dungeon forever - 10,000 is hardly worth a mention so I've no chance either.

Antoine Deneriaz was barely in the top 40 rated skiers before winning the MDH in 2006 and realistically anyone with that much ability, can on the day win the coveted medal if they achieve the perfect run. Not likely, but infinitely possible.

I'd love to see Chemmy win a medal but for me, her ability to inspire others to dream of skiing well, let alone at her level is worthy of so much more than a mere medal. She has my respect and my admiration regardless of medal rankings. Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 17-03-12 18:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:
Bartelski's second place in a WC DH, bettered Baxter's best of 4th.

Yip - but Baxter finished top 10 several times (consistantly during 2001) and has a better career record.
snow report
She has competed in top 30 in the world of her sport, up against people with huge support teams and resources behind them.

And as has been said, anyone who does what they do on those courses deserves full respect.

Finally, purely with man eyes on, she does look great in a race suit Smile
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
MoodyFFS, Thanks mate

Ps I would if i could Blush

but it's my job to stop him.
latest report
Not read this thread but I believe the lucky lady got to snog Rob@rar today
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, For that she really does deserve a medal Embarassed wink
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Jivebaby, Laughing Only in my dreams...
snow conditions
rob@rar, your dreams? Oh, you meant to write Shimmy. No worries re. the error, its understandable xx
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy