Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Binding remount

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone suggest the best technique to fill the old screw holes when replacing the bindings on a pair of wood core
alpine touring skis? I know some shops use silicon and plastic plugs but I thought I'd use epoxy. Any comments?

{bigfwancis}
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bigfwancis, welcome to snowheads.

Silicon should never be used as it doesn't give any support. Epoxy is doable but it's quite difficult not to get voids. Plastic plugs are best with a bit of flexible waterproof wood glue (Evostick wood glue in the blue bottle), just tap them in & trim off flush with a sharp chisel. PM me your address & I'll send you a set plugs in the post.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply spyderjon I recognize sage advice. P'raps I should add location to my profile (if I can figure out how). I'm living in British Columbia not far from Vancouver, but more to the point about an hours drive from Mt.Baker in Washington. A bit of a back country mecca. I can find those plugs locally I'm sure, though I appreciate the kind offer.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy