Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apartments in Austrian resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! I know this question doesn't really fit in to the 'resorts' section but I can't think of anywhere else to ask!

Do Austrian ski apartments (booked privately) tend to require a deposit on arrival to cover damages, as is standard in France? I've asked the owner 3 times now and she doesn't seem to know what I'm on about! I can't see any mention of a deposit on my reservation or on their website. What do you reckon?

Thanks - Liam
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In Austria rerservations are done on trust. You they normally just need a fax to confirm .
In busy periods they may ask for a deposit (if you are not known to them).
If you are a "No show" without informing they can use this fax to claim of there insurance. Also you will go on the resorts blacklist.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry read the post wrong. Not sure about damages deposit, I havent heard of such.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Stanton - I do believe you've answered my question. I was just a bit taken aback by the trust Mrs Haunschmid had put into me actually showing up! Yes we have a reservation form that we both signed etc. so I guess everything is in order!

Liam
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lrx28, most of the apartment we booked privately in Austria required damages deposit. It is usually between 50-100 euros for the whole apartment. Information is based on our experience in Saalbach and Schladming.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A ha, it is in fact Schladming that I'm going to! I'll budget for 100 euros then
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm always amazed by how clean, good value Austrian places often need no deposit to book, never mind a bond to cover breakages, whereas skanky French places need maybe 25% deposit then a E250 bond or whatever....it's another culture!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've booked apartments in Obergurgl and Obertauern. Both required a booking deposit (€200) but neither asked for a damages deposit. I think the fact that that the owner/managers lived there might have had a bearing on this?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As far as Im aware if there are any damages (non accidental) the owner asks you to pay on the spot. If you cannot the Police are called. It fairly simple straight forward way of doing things .

I once remember a party of brits in Saalbach inviting extra guests into there rooms (Strictly illegal in Austria due to insurance ) & pretty much trashing the house. The Owner of the house had the valley sealed off, blocked in there private cars in house car park, locked the front door so no one could escape .
The Owner asked for immediate payment for the extra guests & damage & then asked them to leave with the Police Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lrx28, Austrian apartments are excellent. They may charge you separately for each service they provide such as electricity, final cleaning, damages deposit etc., but these charges are clearly indicated in advance. I am sure that your apartment in Schaldming can tell you in advance how much damage deposit they want if they want any.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy