Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Traffic Query - Bregenz/Pfander Tunnel Area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We drove back to Memmingen airport via the above on the evening of Sat 25th Feb - ie the end of Fasching carnival week.

The traffic was horrendous - totally gridlocked before and after the Pfander tunnel near Bregenz - so much so that it took almost 4 hrs Shocked for the 195km from Landeck, almost all of which is motorway. Fortunately, despite arriving 25 mins after the flight should have closed, we were still allowed to fly as the flight was delayed. Phew!

Anyway, we're considering a return Memmingen run over easter weekend, returning to the airport on the Tues or Wed evening after Easter Monday. So my question is, is a gridlock situation around the Pfander tunnel normal? Or were we just unfortunate because of Fasching Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thery often impose "Blockanfertigung in the Pfändertunnel when the volume of traffic is high. This is where they let the traffic through alternately so they can use both lanes for one direction. Fasching was horrendous just about everywhere due to the high number of people travelling back home (it was the end of the Bavarian school Half-Term as well as one half of the Netherlands).

Easter should not be so bad BUT you could drop off the motorway and go through Bregenz if the volume of traffic looks bad. You can rejin the motorway the other side near to Lindau. If you look at the map it is relatively easy to avoid the tunnel if you leave the motorway early enough. I've done it before as I would rather suffer stop & go with traffic lights etc, than sit in a queue going nowhere fast.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did the journey back that way on Mon 20th Feb and were stuck just before the tunnel for about 30 mins; no apparent cause other than congestion. Other than that the roads were clear. We just made our flight too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy