Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kopaonik Serbia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone go to Kopaonik last year ? Only been there in the Summer many years ago , I know it's small but it's cheap.
My question is what's the best currancy , Euros , Pounds , or Dollars ? Any tips / recommendations ?
Thanks , Bill.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi snowmobill, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Sorry I can't help you with your query though Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowheads......I am sure Mr & Mrs G will help when they see this thread!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I shall try.... We have just come back from Serbia. Didn't go to Kop but a town fairly close to it. The best currency is Euro. In the town we were in there are loads of exhange offices and it isn't a tourist orientated place. Although not the official currency a lot of dealings are done in Euros as opposed to the local Dinar. Change them up in fairly small amounts 'cos if you are left with a load of Dinars you won't get a very good rate to change them back.....unless you want to send them to me and the missus for our next trip out there!! (My missus comes from Serbia)
When are you going snowmobill, ??
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Cathy , Kevin , thanks for the welcome ... although not my first post... must have re-registered when my pc wiped-out.
Richie , I am going 29 Jan . Just in passing , bought my first ski boots in Kop, must have been about 1990 , payed something like 20 pounds. They were dayglow orange Salomons with very stiff riveted joints ,probably very useful if you buried yourself head first . Never did learn to ski very well , but everyone could see me coming .
I feel a new thought coming on .... why does everyone now suit up in the same dull blacks greys and whites ? Those of us with less than perfect vision can find it quite difficult to spot our buddies or other members of the ski school. I remember once quite happily tagging onto the end of the wrong snake , but that could also be due to less than perfect acumen , or less politely , being a silly old duffer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowmobill, I haven't been to Kapaonik, but I was in Serbia in January last year. Expect things to be pretty cheap away from touristy areas (e.g. you can find beers at 20p per pint). In terms of currency, any bureau du change will accept Euros or pounds. You may get away with (and pay a slight discount) for paying in Euros, but in most cases you'll pay in local currency. My experience is there's no point with dollars. Euros are seen as almost a second currency, and you'll have no problems changing pounds. Visa, which was totally unheard of 2 years ago, is becoming accepted in major shops/hotels. But don't rely on upon visa (or other credit cards) being taken.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for the currency info , I have some Euros left over from recent hols so will take them along to buy my beers , or all the beers if they are that cheap . Seem to remember there were some very good Yugoslavic ( Yugoslavian ?) brews . ??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowmobill wrote:
why does everyone now suit up in the same dull blacks greys and whites ?

That's what I thought so I reckoned with my nice new red jacket last year I'd stand out just fine.......only to find that practically every skier in Austria seemed to have a red jacket. And as Mr C has a red jacket as well it was really hard trying to spot each other Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowmobill wrote:
Anyone go to Kopaonik last year ? Only been there in the Summer many years ago , I know it's small but it's cheap.
My question is what's the best currancy , Euros , Pounds , or Dollars ? Any tips / recommendations ?
Thanks , Bill.

Hi I am from Serbia and I have been at Kopaonik this year, last year and year before etc...Smile The best and the most used currancy is Euro but also you can exchange all other currancies in Dinars.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Take Euros or Sterling only. THEY DONT CHANGE TRAVELLERS CHEQUES ANYWHERE IN THE RESORT, nearest town is 2 hours plus away.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ski instrutors, enthusiastic and friendly! But make sure you are in the correct ability group from the start or you'll get cold waiting!

from p Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy