Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

money maker or has it been done??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
so was out for run tonight and had a light running jacket on, half way round im melting and think i would like to ditch the jacket but i cant as nowhere to put it, so as im heading to austria this weekend and the sun is due to shine....has anyone thought about a cloakroom on the mountain I know you get ski lockers etc but im thinking like the cloakroom you would get in a nightclub but on the mountain just somhwere to ditch your coat on sunny days

maybe 2 euro per item??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Main thing is at some point you'd have to head back to get it, this could be close it could be a loooong way away. If it's warm and sunny allot of people will move around the aspect to get the best condtions. I'm not sure I could be arsed having to ski back somewhere to get some gear I'd left. Personally....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mmmhhh yeah was thinking about that, could be a problem

but in some places like mayrhofen or ski welt or bride le bains you could maybe offer a service that for an extra euro the jacket will be sent down on the gondola at the close??, most people will access the hill from the same point each day so they will be able to get it back

or what about 5 euro and it would be sent back to your hotel??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
enduroaid, Or take the 5 euro and then head to the north side of resort and sell it quick for another 10 euros... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
enduroaid, There's no doubt some people who might do this (the ones who have sherpas wink ) For me I wouldn't, I would dress appropriately for the day when I saw the weather or forecast int he morning. If I really needed to I could delayer and stow in my backpack if I was wearing one.

I'll be in St Anton at the end of the month and expect it to be warm. I've skiied in the high 20's before and have just dressed for it. Some people spend silly amounts of money on gear and it sounds like a recipe for loosing stuff or having it nicked (to order maybe?!). Might end up being expensive getting the stuff back down the hill by time the reosrt take a cut and may not want extra queues forming at the end of the day for this?

Think you're going to have to find some other way of making your millions wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well organized, it could be a money maker.

Years ago, I was visiting Japan. And my luggage was really bulky and unweilding (well, I've never been to Japan before, didn't realize they have wheel-defying stairs everywhere! Shocked ) Upon hearing my random complain, the hotelier casually mentioned "oh but you can have your luggage ship by the Luggage Walker for (insert insignificant sum)". So that's what I did the rest of the trip.

The way they managed to make it work was they "ship" their luggages on the train and have people meet the train to collect the luggage in a van. No driving around all over the country. Just a trip or two to the train station.

To borrow that concept, you could contract all the on mountain resturant owners, cable car workers etc. To take the "coats" down the mountain to the individual base at the end of the day. 1/2 hr later, have someone going round all the base moving the "coats" to their proper destination ready for pick up. To keep cost down, this has to be done with people already doing something else and just minding (and moving) the coats on the side for a small side income.

It won't make millions. But it could be done for a small profit. It does require a lot of cooperation. It's the (ski) tourists who will benefit the most, by not having to cart their extra clothing around the mountain.

Me? I'd carry a backpack! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tie coat around waist for zero Euros.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whitegold, dude.........you look like you´re wearing a skirt from the back
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Moneymaker is a tomato
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Open jacket and ski faster for extra ventilation.

Vents on the inside of the thigh are a must for all salopettes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
enduroaid, IMVHO Most serious skiers check the weather and dress according to the conditions and terrain they plan to ski. For me, one of the critical functions of my gear is to protect me from harm, whether that my own fault, someone else or just an unlucky spill, I prefer to have some vented covering no matter how warm it is, and layers can go into backpack/pockets if required. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jivebaby wrote:
one of the critical functions of my gear is to protect me from harm, whether that my own fault, someone else or just an unlucky spill, I prefer to have some vented covering no matter how warm it is

The thought of falling into a puddle at 3pm whilst wearing no waterproof clothing, an hour's ski from home as it begins to get colder...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think the number of times you might be caught out are so few as to not make it worthwhile. Many times I've thought "Phew it's hot - wish I didn't have my jacket on" and then got on a slow lift or gone over the top of a ridge into a cold wind and really appreciated my jacket means I would be unlikely to use such a service.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy