Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic LiveFit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have these boots/can recommend them? I like both the look of them and the price of them with the BASI discount! Laughing

I liked the look of the Hawk but I think the width is too tight for my fat feet. I like the idea of the LiveFit adjusting to wider feet but I am worried that the strapping system won't hold my foot as secure as the Hawk (or A.N. Other ski boot with four ratches + power strap).

Of course, take into account that I may not know what the devil I'm talking about with regards the above. wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

I've just got a pair delivered today, they are offer in the Snow and Rock sale, £155 instead of £225.

I bought them as I also have wide feet, the boot is noticeably wider than my last pair, much less tapered at the top. The liner is much thicker and softer than my old boots and it's this which can then give so your feet do not get squashed.

There are two wide buckles instead of 4, which are spaced in the middle of the foot and the upright part. They feel just as secure as my old 4 buckle boots.

I think they will be a lot more comfortable than my old boots.

But skiing in them is the only real test.

Regards
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
will it hold your foot as well as a 4 clip boot? NO
is it designed to ? NO

is it easy to put on, convenient to do up and comfortable for a wide foot? YES

if you are a ski instructor (i am assuming you are as you can get a boot on the BASI deal) then buy a performance boot that is as close as you can get to your foot and work with a boot fitter, i am again assuming that you are looking to improve your skiing

if you are looking at Atomic then the M tech range is 102mm (in a size 26/26.5 shell) so wider than the hawx and very similar to the base mould made for the live fit boot, it can be stretched for width if needs be...mind you so can the live fit with care
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify in my own head if I may, am I correct in saying the Live Fit compromises in performance due to it's party trick of being a comfortable, easy to fit-to boot? The 102mm of the M tech is what I measure my feet to be in width at their widest so that would be a good alternative to the Hawx probably.

This may be a daft question, but they aren't 'too' performance are they? What I mean is, I do most of my skiing indoors and a lot of that is skiing at a very low speed and just swinging about here and there. As such, I worry about getting something beyond what most of my skiing actually is, or having something too stiff (I'm around 85-90kg, not ridiculously aggressive but I like to 'send it' every now and then for the whole 6-7 seconds it takes to get down an indoor slope Laughing ).

Cheers again for your help!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there is always some trade off by having two buckles rather than 3 or 4, retention can be pretty good, but you don't get the same level of adjust-ability that you have with the 4 buckle boot, they are good however for that 1 week a year holiday skier who is fed up with boots being a faff to put on/take off and looking for a comfortably boot to cruise between coffee stops (and a bit more)

there are a few boots in the M tech range 90 and 110 would be the only 2 i would consider based on the materials used in their construction, with your body weight i would steer towards the 110 as it is certainly not on the stiffer end of the scale

you say you measure your foot at 102mm what length is it, if in a 26.5 then this is an ideal boot if you are a 27.5 or bigger then a 102mm wide foot will be rattling around in an M tech after a week or two of use

size and shape are critical and if in the correct combination you will be amazed what "perceived flex" of boot you can actually bend very easily (assuming you have some available range of motion at your ankle joint)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, thanks for the reply.

I measure my foot at 102mm at it's widest and about 290/295 in length (going to ask a boot fitting friend in EB if he can give me a proper measurement before I do anything!) So am I following you correctly by saying that my 102mm wide foot would eventually pack out the boot to be wider than 102mm? If that's the case, would it be a case of getting a slimmer boot to compensate?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
frenchst, a 102MM listed boot will be approx 115mm wide in a size 29, even a 95mm race boot will be over 106mm in that size

about 290/295 long isn't that accurate, i would guess a 28.5 in a slim boot would work just fine,....... now the worrying bit, you said the hawx felt too narrow, this would suggest that your foot is rotating inside the boot which makes the boot feel too narrow... something strange is going on because you have described your foot as "fat" in an earlier post yet they measure 102 in a large size, it just doesn't add up

get properly measured, then if you are an instructor/good level skier who is using the boots more than one week a season PROBABLY drop a size from what the measurer says (REMEMBER THERE ARE NO 1/2 SIZES) but whatever you do then get a shell check done plenty of info on that if you search and it is certainly more than a single post worth
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy