Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nanny state and sport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Makes sense, don't you think? - an 'inherent risk' form signed by parent/participant to protect volunteers/schools/clubs etc involved.

INHERENT RISK
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Similar subject, don't know if this link has already been posted....

ARTICLE
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inherent risk form sounds a bit like the verbal disclaimer that the SCGB rep I skied with this year had to read to anybody skiing with him.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still, if it carries legal weight, and is signed, it could help.....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some friends of mine have a son in the sea scouts, until now the scouts have been able to take the kids on adventure type holidays abroad, however it is becoming increasingly harder with all of the assorted rules and regulations required of them by our nanny state, the same for school ski trips, more and more responsible adult supervisors are required for these sort of trips, and it is fast approaching the point at which there will just not be enough people willing to go and look after a bunch of kids for a week to a fortnight in length. Now I accept that supervision of some sort is going to be required bt it would be nice if the kids out numbered the adults rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the Telegraph article: "These days the nanny state has taken over. More people resort to litigation and seek damages when they get hurt - no matter what the circumstances."

So is it the state's fault or the people's? And what does the paper want to be done about it? More legislation, of course!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately there seems to bb no beliefe in common sense any longer, after all why use common sense when we can have legislation instead Exclamation
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DavidS, An apparent contradiction (ref legislation) but how else can such a measure - (reducing the risk for the organisations/volunteers etc concerned) - be brought into effect? Bad legislation allows people to 'profit' from litigation. Good legislation enables people to take control of their own destiny. With an acceptable degree of protection.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My point was a little different, PG. The totally contradictory pressures we place on governments: not wanting to be regulated ("nanny state") when things are going right; wanting recompense and retribution when things go wrong ("how could it be allowed to happen? whose head is going to roll").
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DavidS, That's the nature of the beast, the reason we've evolved to the extent we have, both selfless community involvement and selfish individuality have played important roles in the success of our species, and thus in ensuring the 'immortality' of our genes. Balance is key.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy