Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste oriented ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Right. I admit it. I would like a piste-oriented ski. My existing quiver has a strong leaning towards off piste and touring (DPS 112, Whitedot Preacher, Tele kit) and while they will all do a job, they can be a bit tiring if you're hooning around with some mates, especially after 3pm in spring snow!

Truth be told, it's a while since I took a pair of these out, but here's what I think I would like:

Stiffish
160 - 165cm
More slalom than GS
Good in the bumps

About me:

5'6"
Too heavy
Ski pretty well but would be better if fitter!
On piste would prefer to ski fall line - off piste like big turns

I like the look of the rejuvenated Kneissl range but they are a bit sponny!

Suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied in Tignes 2 weeks ago. Warm and sunny days. Hard groomed morning snow on pistes. It soon became slushy springy snow from well before midday to the end of the day, everywhere in the sun, below the glaciers!
Used Jam from movement. Easy all round! I'm 1m68 and about 60kg advanced skier. I even enjoyed skiing bumps with these. And there were tons of them in the afternoon! No problem going down green, blue, red or black. They are labelled as 50% piste 50% off piste.
Friend of mine used Movement Zip which is slightly stiffer. And enjoyed them very much. He is 1m85 tall and about 80 to 85kg intermediate/advanced skier.
Though, Zip seem to handle icy runs slightly better, which helped him to ride through the hard iced morning runs. Zip are 70% piste and 30% off piste according to the manufacturer.
Not tried but recommended by friends the new Le Fer from Movement. (the ski shop did not have them Evil or Very Mad )
Other friends skied with pure carving/racing skis and did struggle with the type of snow we had.They literally sank into the snow all the time! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
165 Salomon LAB 3v d2 really reactive slalom ski, get those legs fit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have skied the above and it was very "snappy" Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Vist Superfront Two: http://www.vist.it/en/Products/Equipment/Skis/73b9e49c-049d-42f9-b22b-3cf62633c356.ahtml
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As a result of my conversion to the "rejuvenated" Kneissl range i have my 164 Rossignol 9Ss (two of them - not just one Wink ) sitting unloved, awaiting any sensible bidder
Stiff zippy and not full of garish horrible graphics

- the ones in the middle - you cant have the kneissls Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, guys.

Given my existing quiver, the Jam is probably too all-mountain for this purchase.

The Salomons look worth trying and the Vist has certainly got the right dims, albeit in a truly vile colour!

sev112 how good are those Kneissl red things? Not sure I could bring myself to take your Rossignols off you ....
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
zammo, give Andy from Storm a call. His piste skis (SL and Skiercross) are very good especially the crossfire. http://www.stormskis.com/shop/performance/crossfire-skier-cross.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dot., thanks, I'll add those to my list. Why must they be so FUGLY????
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zammo, I would have thought any out and out slalom ski would fit the bill nicely. Get whatever slalom ski you can find in the end of season sales.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
zammo, click about for other colours. I reckon they're exactly what you're looking for Very Happy I tried to shift mine but I've probably skied them 50% of the time since.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Search over. Not exactly what I was planning on buying, but I've just won a pair of Kneissl Red Star RC in 162cm (brand new), plus bindings still in packaging. Cost: £199.99. Good ol' fleabay!

Slightly bigger turn radius at 13.5m than a dedicated slalom ski, but seemed worth it for the money.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zammo,

Hi there - are they the ones from Kazakhstan (or somewhere "new-European" that i cant quite remember?) i was watching on e-bay last week ? Hopefully they are kosher because you will love them
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sev112, they're in Wales of all places!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy