Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Just came across Snowheads the other day l@@Ks good
I noticed Obertauern mentioned and have been thinking of trying it out this winter
Can anyone give me some gen on the place?
Hotel wise I thought I liked the look of the Stinner has anyone stayed there?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SnowHeads Garfield, not been myself but this link might help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yhanks for the link looks like its the place for me to try this winter
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome Garfield.

Went about 12 years ago so no use on up-to-date Hotel info I'm afraid. Most of the accomodation was in or around the village centre, and a lot is ski-in /out. Our Hotel (? name? ) you just walked out of the boot room onto the piste.

Fairly small resort, but very good for beginners and improvers / early intermediates. Skiing both sides of the valley so there are two " rounds": clockwise and (you'll never guess...) anti-clockwise around the resort. Couple of blacks off the top, and some un-bashed mogul bits, but I would suggest more a place for gentle enjoyment, rather than rip-roaring adrenalin junkie excitement.

Usual Austrian nightlife (imho) - apres ski like crazy in the slopeside bars until dinner time, after that you really had to search out the action.

Pretty high so snowsure, but when we were there a number of other resorts bussed people in as they were suffering poor conditions. Didn't get the pistes too crowded ( not like the Meribel x-ing for example), but certainly not a "wow where is everyone?" place. It was Mrs W's second week skiing only, and I hadn't been for a few years and so was re-learning old habits... In summary, we had a good time: but if you are a good skiier, you may find it a bit samey.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a lot of Brits there either (mainly friendly Austrians and Germans) which is nice wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads, Garfield, snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've Taken the plunge and I'm booked for Obertauern for Feb Madeye-Smiley
From what I have read here and on some other sites if they are short of snow there I would be on grass most other places in Austria
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Garfield, Yes true about the snow. I was there in 2002 in Jan and plenty of snow in Obertauern but other places in Austria were struggling. At the top of the cable car is a bar that sells a hot alcoholoc goat's milk drink. Really good, but don't drink too much before you ski down!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure about the hot alcoholoc goat's milk Confused though you have to try most things once mybe a end of day thing rather than lunch time?
Tried a rum tea in Obergurgle once and found the conection between my brain and legs wenta bit astray!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All new to this forum, but I like the look of it Smile
I was in Obertauern last year working a little. I find there is plenty of space for a weeks worth of skiing and agree that it is very snow sure. It can get busy in feb though due to half term and holidays, which you probably know already know. Also good to try snow kiting there...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Katja, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy