Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valandry Questions

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Staying in Les Arc again, but dirst time staying on the Valandry side of the mountain (l'Orée des Neiges) in a couple of weeks. Couple of questions to those in the know:

Is there any free outdoor parking?

We plan to arrive about 11 on Saturday. Are there any free lifts on Saturday’s like the Chantel in 1800? If not is it possible to drive / bus to 1800 without going down the mountain? Otherwise I will have to hire skis in Valandry, drive to 1800, and back again, or some such logistical shenanigans.

Where is the best post ski bar?

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Are there any free lifts on Saturday’s like the Chantel in 1800?

nope
Quote:

If not is it possible to drive / bus to 1800 without going down the mountain?

nope
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think you can ski the Saturday afternoon for about £30?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No free lifts in Vallandry

It is possible to walk to 1800 from Vallandry but would take between 30 mins to hour. If lack of snow, then there is a bus which runs from Vallandry to 1800, uses the road past the piste basher huts, but only runs when lack of snow!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok, thanks for the responses. Logistical shenanigans it is then. Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ringingmaster, don't waste your day on logistical nightmares, try http://www.samedijeskie.com/
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shimmy Alcott, Spot on. From Wednesday go to http://www.samedijeskie.com/
Figure out WTF the French is and prebook it, print off the voucher(s)(you need one per person)(they are French, what can I say), pay your money and ski.
Enjoy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arctic Roll, Sorry didn't get past Shimmy Alcott's, post
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ringingmaster wrote:
We plan to arrive about 11 on Saturday. Are there any free lifts on Saturday’s like the Chantel in 1800?

I couldn't think of anything more prone to make me go nutz than to just lap the chantel all day long. Pay up and enjoy the empty mountain.

ringingmaster wrote:
Where is the best post ski bar?
Mont Blanc next to the Grizzly lift, big terrace outside (not the side nearest the piste)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Arctic Roll, ricfrench, Oooh that looks interesting. I will give that a go tonight. As we end up skiing two satursays, I will see if it will be better to use that on the second sat also, rather than getting a seven day pass.

bertie bassett, we like to do this on the first afternoon, as my (now 8 yo) daughter has a history of forgetting how to turn rolling eyes with the expected results.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ringingmaster, There's free parking everywhere in Vallandry. Even a free underground one, if you can find a space in it - but thats over the other side of Vallandry, byt L'Oree de Cimes. Its a lovely walk to 1800 along the service road, currently clear of snow - took me 30mins from the bottom of Vallandry to the Transarc bubble yesterday (convalescent knee, so quite pleased about that!) No buses passsed me either way, so I don't know if they're running at the moment Boris, And skiing on Saturdays is usually really quiet Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
free bus link from Vallandry to Arcs 1800 tends to run at extreme ends of the season only. No need for teh bus anyway as all the lifts are open.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just had this come through from the "Samedi Je ski" people: cheaper sledge run tickets too! :

Salut !

Tu aimes les sensations fortes ? ça tombe bien, je te propose de venir découvrir le Rodéo Park aux Arcs ce samedi 17 mars !
Eclate-toi avec tes potes sur les 3000 mètres de la plus crazy des pistes de luge !

Entre 10h30 et 16h30, offre-toi une pause rigolade de 20 minutes au sommet du télésiège Arcabulle au Col de la Chal.
T'en fais pas, on te prêtera la luge et le casque (ça fait plaisir). Si tu veux en savoir plus, il te suffit de cliquer ici !

Pour profiter de mon offre spéciale Rodéo Park de ce samedi 17 mars (prix à 5,00€ au lieu de 7,50€), il te suffit d'acheter ton ticket luge en même temps que ton forfait de ski Samedijeskie (offre valable dans tous les points de vente de forfaits de ski des Arcs / Peisey-Vallandry sur présentation du coupon, comme d'hab').

Et oui, encore un bon plan de Sam ! Tu me remercieras plus tard !

A demain,
Sam

P.S. : au fait, pour rappel, pour dévaler les 400 mètres de dénivelé du Rodéo Park, il faut être âgé de plus de 12 ans et mesurer plus d'1m25. Sécurité avant tout !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris wrote:
No free lifts in Vallandry

According to the lesarcs.com website, lift pass bit then the Parchay is free..
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is Parchay a new lift? I dont think that I remember that when we were last in Les Arc in 2009.
ski holidays
Arctic Roll, the sledge run is just hysterical! snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy