Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I go down a big hill on the way to work and it got me thinking...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just off Junction 29 of the M1, the Chesterfield turn off, a big hill which I clocked in the car today as being 0.7 miles long (dunno about the vertical though) This area gets a fair bit of snow in the winter, i've got an old pair of blades so I thought about digging them out and having a go. Has anyone else out there ever had a bash at English road ski-ing?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a little go on blades in the Peak District last winter, lots of fun but not exactly 3V, and no lifts!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
back in the 70s and 80s when we had 15ft drifts down here , used to hitch the sledge up behind tractor on road .grat fun untill you go head on into a snow drift snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When we were kids we used to hide behind a roadside at a T junction and grab hold of the back of a milk float. If it was really icy the float wouldnt move. Ay they were the times.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've done it on a sledge before and made a pair of ski-ish devices from plastic roadsigns but being on the flatlands meant a car was needed to get some speed up. The original sledge was made as per Blue Peter plans (circa mid 80s) but the runners ground down about 4" on a bit of snowless road one night. the mk2 version was made longer to fit 2 people but predictably wasn't as steerable, the mk3 widebody version sadly arrived as the snow vanished and I think is still in use as a pallet at my parents' house.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In the big snow of 1982 (you know, when Kraftwerk were No.1 in the charts) I remember the main road through the village was closed for 2 days, and I remember a guy skiing down Llan hill ! - which would be a blue run about 0.75 miles long. Most people in the village (myself included) at never seen a real pair of skis before Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I skied down the hill in front of my house (the villiage green). It is about 30 degrees and drops 8 meters. Lift facilities are ... legs. Mountain (hill) top resturant is ok. Hotel just like home really.
Slope is south facing but gets a bit of pisteing by kids on plastic bags !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Back in December 95 we had a good dump here and towed the body board behind our quad. Great fun.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went out mountain biking the day after boxing day around Macclesfield Forest - there's one hill in Wildboarclough that's got a decent gradient to it, not huge at 400 yards or so, but has a road next to it. Packed full of sledgers and half a dozen skiiers. Even some boarders knocking around

here

It's shame no-one off here bought the old ski tow that was advertised on ebay a couple of months ago. that would have been great Shock)
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
up4it, funny, on my way home yesterday, went past a steepish hill on the A34 near where I live, called Beacon Hill and was thinking what fun it would be to ski down (but rubbish to have to walk up as I don't have any chums with tractors!) as a bit of a stopgap until the real thing. May have been something to do with the fact that I booked our trip for Christmas about 30 mins before snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy