Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Mojo 15 Alpine ski bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK so I have used head mojo 15 bindings on my skis for the last couple of years and I have been really happy with them (they were the model with the directional release heel piece).

image of the bindings I already have

I really wanted to get some more and so I grabbed some the other day on ebay (see here) because I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else. The picture advertised on ebay is exactly the same version of the bindings I have (see above image).

I just got the bindings but the version of the binding the shop has sent me is quite a bit different. Its mainly metal, a bit heavier, different toe piece release mechanism and has a fixed heel piece (no directional release). It's the multi coloured version as shown in the link below:

image of bindings I received

I am not bothered about the weight but I am mainly asking about the durability and the release mechanism. Is it a worse or better binding than I had before and was expecting to receive from the shop?

Thanks and sorry I cannot embed the images.

BTW I believe that it was a genuine mistake made by the shop because the box appeared to be unopened.

EDIT: Sorry this is Elston I was logged in on flowa's account!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your old ones are the first version, they changed them getting rid of the moving afd and the diagonal heel, they now have the race heel instead and a lower teflon afd. but same toe. It beefed them up and lowered the stand height overall which apparently is better for freeride / park. The later one is more robust, with less moving bits so less to break, the heel also clamps you in tighter??

would suggest you measure the ramp i.e height difference between heel and toe as it may be rather different to your old ones, and so they will feel different.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks carroz that is really reassuring. More durability is great news! I am not that bothered if they feel different. I just wanted to check.

BTW what does 'afd' stand for? Is it the moving toe piece?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AFD=Anti Friction Device.

The bit that lets the front of your boot to easily move sideways in the binding. In most cases this is the smooth bit on the toe-piece which your boot sits on top of. On the some head/etc bindings it is the roller band mechanism - looks like you old bindings used the roller, and new ones the smooth teflon pad.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spot on RobW. Cheers for that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy