Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Speed measuring for skiing: Skisens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to the rising popularity of measuring speed and ski distances I became curious about the possibilities concerning to techniques around this subject. I already downloaded the program Skitracks on my iphone and used it during my winter sports. It was awesome to derive the statistics about a day of skiing. Though, I heard some negative opinions about measuring eg. speed in the mountains by means of GPS. The data used to be not really valid; the program is filtering all incoming data and shows a kind of an approximate speed, which is not correct many times. I was wondering if more valid data could be gathered by other products so I searched around on the internet and found the MOD by Recon Instruments from Canada http://www.reconinstruments.com/which is using GPS as well. Anyways, the idea is great and it is even giving information about jumps. Though, I dislike the usage of GPS and I found another product called the SkiSens http://skisens.com/ (made by a small company from Holland) which is measuring speed and distance through a sensor fixed on the ski. Anyways, it seems to be a valid product and I was wondering if other people already heard about this brand and technique??

One thing: it is not being sold yet Sad so I have to wait until September, providing that it won’t be too expensive.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sjorseous, nope but it sounds like you already know a good deal about this product!
wink

Can't see the point of it myself, unless they are going to start enforcing speed limits or your in training for the world speed record on skis! Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alpine Replay seem to sanitise the data from the GPS to give some more usefully accurate figures. See http://support.alpinereplay.com/customer/portal/articles/172101-is-that-my-real-speed-
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks! havent heard about the alpinereplay yet, it s a pitty that is working on GPS as well (and an internet connection is required to upload your stats...)
Anyways, still thinking about buying the SkiSens!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy