Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hot Tub Time Machine Speedos and WTF or FWT advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

the French requirement for no shorts is NOT purely a fashion thing

and it makes some hygiene sense too. I checked up about speedos, on behalf of my son, when they were off to a French campsite last summer (he speaks no French so asked me to phone). Even in the children's pool no shorts were allowed - she explained that people wore their shorts around the campsite all day, and so they got pretty dirty. Whereas they wouldn't be walking round in the speedos (Brits wouldn't, anyway wink).

But whatever the French think about suitable wear in pools, and whatever you need to do well in the 110 metre butterfly, is pretty irrelevant when it comes to a hot tub in a British run chalet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alex_heney wrote:
Actually, the French requirement for no shorts is NOT purely a fashion thing. I don't have any links at the moment, but studies have shown that the more clothing is worn in a pool or spa bath, then the more often the filters have to be renewed/replaced, due to larger quantities of fibres.

Hence forth I will come equipped with nothing but my lovely skin and a razor. No hair, no fibre.

Nevertheless there is a bit of a gulf of information here are we talking hemp full body suits versus nakedness or speedos versus shorts? If so is there an optimum material and should we really be considering the manafacturers materials over the cut of said item of bathing costume? Discerning minds are clearly capable of answering such questions.

Or we can stop being so very stupid worrying about the increased cost of filter maintainance (which isn't actually considered here) and wear generally what we want in the pool as your argument leaves women in bikinis despite the need for modesty, especially in our highly body consious society, some might genuinely feel.

Anyway as Alex has so aptly demonstrated only the tiniest thing you can find that will bear the weight is acceptable so the OP should go for that. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hot tubs are for swingers and full of diseases.

Give it a miss.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold, stop clogging the filters!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

stop clogging the filters!

Laughing he's right about diseases though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the French requirement for no shorts is NOT purely a fashion thing

and it makes some hygiene sense too. I checked up about speedos, on behalf of my son, when they were off to a French campsite last summer (he speaks no French so asked me to phone). Even in the children's pool no shorts were allowed - she explained that people wore their shorts around the campsite all day, and so they got pretty dirty. Whereas they wouldn't be walking round in the speedos (Brits wouldn't, anyway wink).

But whatever the French think about suitable wear in pools, and whatever you need to do well in the 110 metre butterfly, is pretty irrelevant when it comes to a hot tub in a British run chalet.

This is a brilliant point. Here you need to shower naked and give yourself a good scrubbing before going into the pool or the hot tubs in public swimming pools. No reason at all other than cultural mores as the entire thing is filtered to the nth degree and chlorinated. Despite the lack of safety on my part I've swum in all sorts of deadly hazardous situations from the sea and potentially crocodile filled natural pools in Australia to duck killing parasite filled pools here in Iceland. If local culture demands swimming wearing a jesters hat just don't bat an eyelid, get on with it and get some photos.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, and the swingers. Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:

If the water is treated and surrounding areas disinfected every day, as well as a full change of water put in place minimum once a week as standard, I don't see what the problem is. Whilst warmer temperatures make a nicer home for bacteria, I would rather get in warmer water that I know has had that attention than in some cooler public swimming pools.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's no definitive answer on this one and I totally agree that you don't have to be gay or a serious swimmer to wear Speedos. However, ....... they are a bit gay. And...quite a few people will think you're gay whether you are or not. It may be ridiculous, but then so are Speedos.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I havent seen any competitive swimmers wearing high cut Speedos for a long time - jammers are the thing now

http://store.speedo.co.uk/c/men/jammers
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Actually, the French requirement for no shorts is NOT purely a fashion thing. I don't have any links at the moment, but studies have shown that the more clothing is worn in a pool or spa bath, then the more often the filters have to be renewed/replaced, due to larger quantities of fibres.

Yes, but females appear to be allowed whatever they like, provided it doesn't cover the face.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnE, good point. All women* should be made to wear very small monokinis.

*Apart from east European ex shot putters, or anyone called Brunhilde. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy