Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FEELING SICK AFTER SKI HOLIDAY

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, there is a similar thread to this one, but I think my query is slightly different.

I have just gotten back from Borovets, where I went skiing. As an "improver" skier, it was hard work learning and I was quite tired for most of the time, but didn't ache. The conditions were mixed; often sunny, but it was cloudy at times and with the occasional whiteout (but not when I was on the slope). I travelled back yesterday and although I didn't feel too tired after my flight, I arrived home and was in bed by midnight. During the night I felt sick, didn't sleep much and woke up in a cold sweats (not very nice). Today, I still feel sick, clammy and a bit dizzy. My question to all skiers out there is to whether this is normal and to what the reason may be for my sickness, as I swear I'm not going through the menopause! Thanks in advance Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lisa007, a virus?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lisa007, withdrawal. Toofy Grin

Get well soon!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lisa007, I usually get those symptoms if I've been to France and see my bank statement when I get back.
That apart though I wouldn't think its ski related. A week of physical exercise and mixing with all those people and on a plane can easily bring you down with something. If you're not well though I'd treat it like you would at any other time.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Airplane food?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Probably some bug caught from some unhealthy soul on the plane!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi. Thanks All! It was probably all of the above, with a mixture of hypochondria. At least I’m honest! I feel fine now. Cheers.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lisa007, ...almost certainly virus from plane/travelling with people.

Last weekend, my 'special' weekend skiing for four days with same level friends - day one: brilliant. Day two: brilliant. Evening of day two: sick as a dog. Day three: fourteen hours sleep, heavy sweats, one run and then back for more sleep. Day four: brilliant. Though felt c**p. Friend came down with it a day after being back, which is a much better plan.

WHY did I get a virus on this weekend when I haven't been ill for years? Diagnosis: norovirus.

Justifies getting another weekend in soon, though, and sod the carbon footprint....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
norovirus?

is that bird flu or swine fever - did you fly Ryan Air by any chance?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lisa007, what Tarquin says and glad you are feeling better Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
musher, nope not chicken, pig or hamster - it's this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus

and it was easyjet to geneva - but like all planes, the air goes round and round and round....hmmm nice.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
EasyJet - did you see any hedgehogs on board?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Norovirus is very common in confined environments like ski resorts, cruise ships etc.

By all accounts most hotels have at least one outbreak of noro or gastro amongst the staff during the season.

Also a lot of people at my work had it a few weeks ago, I think it's been doing the rounds.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lisa007, did you have relations with any of the locals?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, you don't have to go the whole way - hand hygiene is enough Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy