Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Air Transat to Calgary - any experiences to share?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off to Banff in 3 weeks to ski and visit our snowboarding son. Travelling on AT and wondering if anyone's used them on this route? Are they baggage weighing fascists? What's the in- flight service like? What's the elbow room like in cattle class? Going from Manchester and getting v excited as there's tons of fresh snow everywhere. Seeing the only child for the first time this year might be ok too wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Biddy Twiddle, any idea if its actually an Air Transat flight?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apparently it is. We were expecting Thomas Cook like last year but now it is all Air Transat flights, according to the person I booked with at Canadian Affair.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, I've flown on Air Transat to Calgary, way back in early December, nothing bad to report, very average.

Its a long flight....

But in fairness they are ok, they feed you, you can watch movies, you can sleep - As I said its a long flight.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We flew with them to Vancouver last month from Gatwick and they were very strict on the hand baggage allowance, I think that it's only 5kgs and we saw several people doing last minute repacking at check in at Gatwick and Vacouver.We had upgraded so no issues with weight and the service was pretty good as well.
They did actually weigh the hand baggage, Manchester may be different though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flew back to Manchester on Friday it was ok, they weigh all the luggage, the skis, boots and hand luggage. Room in cattle class was the same as last year on Thomas Cook. The food and the wines were ok as well. The check-in at Calgary was really slow, as every bag was weighed then removed then tagged and given back to you. Then you take the bags to the dropoff point for the conveyer belt and place the boot bags in plastic trays and cases placed wheels up on the belt, Skis are left at a different drop off point.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got off the plane this morning, as stated above its a long old flight. I'm 6' or so and thought legroom looked ok, but prebooked extra legroom seats. Food was 'average' airline fare - ie barely edible. Width of seat was just ok too.

Luggage Weight fascists man the desks, but at the Calgary end was allowed to 'pool' weight with the O/H.

Cabin crew were really good, friendly, polite and efficient.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the replies folks - much appreciated. Roll on 31st March! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy