Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes rockslide/avalanche - road closed

Poster: A snowHead
There has been a huge rock slide at the upper exit of the Brevieres tunnel, between the Tignes les Brevieres turn-off and the dam. The road to Val D'isere/Tignes is closed.

At the moment the security services are assessing the damage and checking out the slope
(as I look at them in my binoculars). No clearance in progress at the moment (0930).

To get to VD/T, park in Brevieres, get the chairlift to Boisses and there are shuttle buses to both. Smaller items of luggage allowed.

The kids got a lift up last night in a piste basher after gymnastics down in Seez along with a couple of rescue dogs. Made their day. Later, on my way home from work around midnight, I did the 40 minute hike up to Boisses in the moonlight - not so lucky!

For further info. tune in to Radio Val on the internet.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice pic, puts it into perspective.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
from Steve's Val D'Isere thread...

snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Balls. Big hairy donkey balls. Could you post an update when they start clearing? Would be much appreciated.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope no one was caught in that Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Must have been a big one to defeat all the rockfall netting that's up there. Reminds of that massive boulder flattening that car in the Arly Gorge a few weeks back *shudder*.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At the mo. (10:25) engineers are on the slope above checking things out and putting marker flags out. There's a dozer on standby but no clearing while they assess the slope/cliff above.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crap! Hope they can stabilise and clear it for tomorrow. Glad no-one was caught in it.

Just looked at it on Google streetview- that whole tunnel entrance area looks scary anyway! Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hopefully there wasn't anyone hurt.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are no reports of anyone getting caught by the slide, thankfully.

The latest news is that they expect to clear the, now estimated, 80m3 of rock on the road sometime between 3-4pm although they still need to clear another 45m3 from the rockface to prevent further slides so they can't yet give an estimate for when the road will open.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update: Road will open at 17:30 with a single lane only and will close again overnight (2am-7am) for further work.... let's hope they manage to secure it safely.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Any updates appreciated. I'm heading to Val tonight.. I better bring a shovel Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
18:10 (France) - the dozer and digger are working away at the mo. clearing the debris and chucking it over the side.
Lot's of traffic queuing to get out of Tignes in anticipation of an opening.
Not open yet though.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
About to give an update on my thread but basically the road is now open again - just re-opened a short while ago. Will be open until 2am and then closed until 7am tomorrow. Looks like a 2am-7am closure cycle will prevail for next few days they reckon as there is quite a lot of work to do to make the whole mountainside stable. So tomorrow (at the very least) there should not be too many disruptions - fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Quote:
The kids got a lift up last night in a piste basher after gymnastics down in Seez along with a couple of rescue dogs
Are the gymnastics dogs in the circus (when not doing rescues)?Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy