Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there are a million posts (583) on here about St Anton. Sorry.

What's the inside knowledge on hiring some skis in (maybe around) St Anton for a reasonable amount of money?

Cheers snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Short version: basically a cartel in-resort. Either suck it up, buy your own gear or rent from somewhere way out-of-town (although that would depend on your travel itinerary as to whether that was even remotely worthwhile).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is without doubt THE most expensive place to hire that I have ever visited. For a family of 5 it cost me more than I care to recall!!!!

It still hurts even now 3 years after paying it. . . . Twisted Evil

However it didn't stop me from returning, but on my own with mates as opposed to the tribe in tow. . . . Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Myself and the other half decided to buy our own pairs after seeing the prices for a weeks rental (an extra £40 got the Mrs a brand new pair of Scotts and an extra £120 got me a new pair of Atomics). They should more than cover their own costs if we decide to go back to St Anton next year (as well a France at Christmas)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Feast wrote:

Including a thread with this very title... you could have just chimmed in there...

The only way I've found to save money on renting in St Anton is to book online with someone like SkiSet , Intersport or Sport2000. It's not a cheap place to rent. Depending on your travel plans it might be cheaper to rent before you go or on the way somewhere.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sah wrote:
Feast wrote:

Including a thread with this very title... you could have just chimmed in there...

Laughing Laughing Silly me.

Thanks for the thoughts people. It's not for me, it's for a friend. The price of the hire appears to be off-setting the saving we made on the accomodation and flights. Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im hiring ski's and im debating between the economy skis and the Discovery skis. Last time i had a real tricky time with economy and i am just wondering if the Discovery are much better?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not sure what "Discovery" means, but I'd avoid the cheapest skis, they will be pretty un-interesting, fine for snow plowing or side slipping down a blue run but not much else. Pay a bit more and ask in the shop what they have and what might be good for you and the conditions at the time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My suspicion is that you'd be better spending the money on lessons than better quality skis.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Re-reading samuelbanks's post though I am not sure what you mean by "tricky time". Economy skis should not be "tricky", far from it, they should be pretty tame. Do you mean it was tricky to ski steep slopes or to ski fast, or do you mean you found it tricky to get the hang of skiing? If the later then James the Last is spot on, changing skis won't help if you need lessons. If you are comfortable with your abilities and want to ski harder then consider upgrading skis (and getting lessons Happy )
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy