Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a ski hire shop in St Anton where you can leave your skis overnight (we are staying in Schweizerhof up the hill in Nasserein).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's one right by the Nasserein Gondola - think it's Intersport, but could be Jennewein.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whichever one you use, you'll feel that someone's carefully lifted the wallet from your pocket. Ski hire in St Anton is extortionate, and there seems to be some sort of racket between the local hire shops to ensure no-one breaks ranks.

clarky999 is right about the shop under the Nasserein lift, though. Helpful, friendly, locker facilities available, and reasuringly expensive.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking forward to an empty pocket by the end of next week, then. Thanks guys.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tessaventer, Not what you want to hear, but when we went to St Anton the two girls who were hiring snowboards actually ended up purchasing boards because to rent a board for a week was about 10 Euro less than it was to buy a better board in a sale down the road.

On the plus side, it is the best place I have ever skied. You'll love it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The shop next to the Nasserein gondola is Jennewein, yeah. Although expensive like everyone else, they are definitely friendly, knowledgeable and will keep your stuff overnight for you.

One thing to consider: if you're staying up the hill on the Nasserein side (like we were) and want to get the bus round to Zurs or Lech first thing in the morning, you probably don't want to leave your stuff at Jennewein the night before. If you do, you'll end up breaking your journey to get to the Postbus stop at the other end of town, and and then if you get back too late after a decent apres session, they could be shut (can't remember the exact timings and their website isn't much help).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
clarky999 wrote:
There's one right by the Nasserein Gondola - think it's Intersport, but could be Jennewein.

Jennewein is there, they are part of the "Sport2000" network (not sure exactly what that means, but they have the Sport2000 logo on the shop and you can book online at the sport2000 site). I think Intersport is just a few yards away on the other side of the street.

I'd recommended you book online which ever one you go for, you'll get a bit of a discount that way (10% from memory).

And Jennewein have some of last seasons Atomic Nomad Renus in their rental stock. This is a fabulous ski, I rented a pair on their recommendation. I was so impressed I bought some afterward I got home; they're just brilliant. Might not be to everyone's taste though, but at least with renting you can swap them for something more tame if they don't suit.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know it's an old debate... I rented the last two times I've been to St Anton. Expensive yes, but then I don't have to worry about carriage, storing them in a flat for the other 51 weeks of the year, getting damage repaired. Being tall with large feet also means I get to use kit that is pretty much brand new. I'd love to be able to go enough times a year to be able to justify having my own, but for the annual trip renting can be a good option.

+1 for Jennewein anyway, used them both times, and definitely book on-line.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rhoobarb, apart form the debate about rent vs. own, St Anton does seem to be a particularly expensive place to rent, and there are suggestions that shops there are a little too cooperative with each other in setting prices...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Use Skiset.com - gets you a little off whatyou pay up front in the shops in St
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Harry Flashman wrote:
And this beautifully illustrates the pricing issue. Performance skis at St Anton: €184 for six days. At Saalbach: €122. Go to Italy, and the cost in Cervinia i €129. In Switzerland, the Zermatt price is CHF164, approximately €136. I chose those resorts at random, but I've done the same exercise before and always had the same result. Ski hire prices in St Anton are nearly 50% more expensive than in other comparable resorts.

No wonder the staff in Jennewein are so helpful and friendly!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jonny Jones wrote:
Harry Flashman wrote:
And this beautifully illustrates the pricing issue. Performance skis at St Anton: €184 for six days. At Saalbach: €122. Go to Italy, and the cost in Cervinia i €129. In Switzerland, the Zermatt price is CHF164, approximately €136. I chose those resorts at random, but I've done the same exercise before and always had the same result. Ski hire prices in St Anton are nearly 50% more expensive than in other comparable resorts.

No wonder the staff in Jennewein are so helpful and friendly!

Yep, you can stick Kitzbuehel in the list of places that are (much) cheaper than St Anton too. I've forgotten the exact price, but around 50% less is about right (although these were one level below the premium range to be fair).

One other tip , don't bother paying for the premium gear, the level below it is the same kit but just a bit older. You'll still be paying more than you would for the same gear elsewhere of course, but at least you'll be able to afford a few more beers to drown your sorrows.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You can get "normal Austrian prices" 5 miles down the road in Pettneu. Worth it if you have a hire car!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy