Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard school - Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Can anyone recommend a decent snowboard school in ValT? Looking to get involved with either some group lessons if they have a decent range of abilities (don't want to waste cash spending the lessons waiting for people who've estimated their ability above reality) or some private lessons.

Hopefully someone has some good recommendations Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be interested in this to if anyone has some recommendations, heading out Saturday!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As far as I can see there are only a few choices:
ESF - €149 for 6 x 3hr. Max 10.
Prosneige - €155 for 1 x 2h and 5 x 3h in a group of 10 max
Skicool - €143 for 6 x 2.5h in a group of 10 max.
Free school attitude - €130 1 x 1.5h 5 x 2h in a group of 8 max

All prices low season and morning lessons.

Hmmm for all of those there seems to be a BIG gap between level 2 and level 3 (the bottom three schools have only 4 classes). Which leads me to think that level 3 wouldn't actually be as decent a standard as it looks. ESF 'level 3' out of begginer-level 4 looks most suited although I have little interest in freestyle. Decisions decisions.

If anyone has been with any of those schools a review would be good Very Happy Can't see anything when I search. Details such as what the group lessons were actually like i.e. just 'follow me' or if you actually got some decent tuition.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used ESF in 2005. I have nothing to compare it with as it was beginner lessons and the only lessons I've had. Group size was about 6. Our instructor was good, and the group was good fun. I've heard plenty of not so good things about ESF, but reckon much depends on the instructor you get. As I say, ours was good, but did hear about others who weren't so much fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Adam123, cheers for the reply. Think I'm probbaly going to book UCPA to take advantace of full time instruction as aparently the confirme / expert lessons are pretty good.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I may be wrong but hasn't the UCPA in Val Thorens closed for refurbishment?
That's what one of the instructors who taught there last year told me last week.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
garethjomo, uh, I hope not cos I've booked and paid!

http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/resort_valthorens.aspx
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kat.ryb, Yes Let's hope not! Maybe it's closing at the end of the season or something. She definitely told me it was though. When are you going?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
17 March - really looking forward to having some lessons for a change. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cool. UCPA give great lessons. I'm very friendly with a few UCPA instructors. Their English isn't always great but they are very up to date in their teaching methods and styles. Are you staying there too?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup staying there. Have you been?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I haven't actually stayed there myself but I know some of the instructors who worked there last year and met up with them last Easter. How many of you are going etc?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
garethjomo, well slightly complicated. Short answer: on my own. Long answer: I have friends staying in a chalet and I was going to stay there, but the friend I was going to share a room had leave cancelled by work (thankfully before we booked), my boyfriend’s broken wrist probably won’t be better and I didn’t want to pay the single supplement. So I decided to book UCPA on my own as I was really keen to get lessons anyway and was thinking about going on my own before friends decided on ValT. However now my boyfriend is hoping his wrist will be up to scratch (doubtful I think!) in which case I guess we’ll book alternative accommodation but I’ll see if it’s still ok for me to use the UCPA lift pass and lessons. Phew! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quick update - UCPA trip and lessons were AMAZING and I can't recommend a trip with them enough.

The top two groups skied together on the first morning and groups were re-arranged to get everyone in the correct level.
I was in the top group and everyone was at a very similar level, the snow was good and everyone wanted to do off piste so the instructor managed to negotiate the kit from the centre and do some training with us before spending all week off piste. Immense. He managed to find us freshies pretty much all week.
Our instructor spoke good English (in fact there were only 2 French guys in the group, everyone else Swedish and one other English) so language wasn’t a problem at all.

Our instructor wasn’t actually UCPA, but had his own school and him and his instructors help out at UCPA when needed. His school was FSA and if I wasn’t going to Val T with UCPA then I would certainly book lessons with FSA.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy