Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I get new bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Dropped my board off for a wax and edge on Saturday and the assistant made a (slightly derogatory) comment about my old bindings being unusual on a newish board.

I have 10 year old burton custom bindings which still work as well as the day I bought the, although maybe the screw holes in the bar plate are showing signs of wear.

I got the bindings with my first snowboard then have replaced boards as they got trashed but never saw a need to replace the bindings.

Does anyone in the know know if having old bindings is a problem? I'm not adverse to getting new ones if they will improve my comfort or degree of 'feel' with the board but my rationale has always been that my bindings probably have had less than one seasons use that a set of hire bindings would have and so aren't an issue.

If I should get some new ones what do people recommend? Looking for all mountain bindings with a similar feel as ,u current ones I suppose. Burton cartel?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If they're comfy, stick with them.

The Cartel is pretty sweet, to be honest you can't go wrong with pretty much any Burton binding. Pick one that suits your budget and stiffness requirements!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

If they're comfy, stick with them.

Yeah they are totally fine at the moment, can't belive they have lasted so long really!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
just stick with them. If they still give enough responsiveness and there comfy keep them
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Although saying that, materials and design have moved on a bit in 10 years... and the sales are on... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, sale is very tempting, but my blue bindings go with my board Very Happy I might have bought some on Satuday if any of the sales assistants could have been bothered to show me some, didn't get great service at TSA Castleford.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb, TSA ate Fitzwilliams who strangle small businesses by demanding exclusivity for certain brands. I would never shop there, neither would I give a toss if the wax monkey doesn't like your bindings snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, yeah all big businesses are basically horrible wink . However I still shop in supermarkets for convenince over the market so I can't be too moral about where I go snowboard shopping; TSA open pretty late so I've got a chance of picking my baord back up before I go away.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
in some was i def prefer the smaller shops. can sometimes negotiate better deals Laughing

closest shop to me is boarders boards
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Did a similar thing, changed boards a couple of times without changing bindings and before I new it they were ten years old. Upgraded to newer mid range binding and instantly felt better.

So yes, I think it will improve (or at least improve your comfort) your riding if you retire your old bindings!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kat.ryb, not all, TSA just seem to do a very good job.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Change your bindings. 10 years in snowboarding is like watching B&W TV. Do some research, get a bargain now for next year (or this year if you have a late trip planned)

Love my Cartels BTW...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gainz, yup fly on Saturday for another trip and pick up my board tomorrow so will take the oppertunity to see whats on sale.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So my binding's broke on the penultimate day of my holiday. rolling eyes Should have made more of an effort to pick some new ones up pre holiday!

Think I'm def going ot get the cattels... Does anyone know if the come with standard base plates with the screw holes or only the funny burton slot thingy now?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OP yes
ski holidays
Whoda thunk it? Nadenoodlee - anti-capitalist warrior!
snow report
kat.ryb wrote:
So my binding's broke on the penultimate day of my holiday. rolling eyes Should have made more of an effort to pick some new ones up pre holiday!

told ya!

kat.ryb wrote:
Think I'm def going ot get the cattels... Does anyone know if the come with standard base plates with the screw holes or only the funny burton slot thingy now?

If you buy standard you get standard, if you buy EST you get...wait for it....EST!!

Shame about the old bindings, hope the holiday was still great.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 28-03-12 20:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
kat.ryb wrote:

Yeah both versions are available. You don't want the EST ones.
snow conditions
Quote:

told ya!

No one like a know it all wink

Quote:

Shame about the old bindings, hope the holiday was still great.

Yup still super, probably he best snowboarding I've ever done. It was the back foot toe strap that went and was at the end of the day at the top of the last run so managed to get home fine, and the ski shop at UCPA did a bodge job fix to get me through the last day.

Quote:

Yeah both versions are available. You don't want the EST ones.

Cool thanks, have ordered the white & black standard ones from S&R for £145.70 including postage. snowHead
snow conditions
If in doubt, buy new skis.

Wait...but you don't have skis Puzzled

That settles it - buy new skis! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy