Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton accomodation for 4 nights

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Any recommendations out there for decent accomodation for 4 nights.

We are a party of 3 arriving Sat 18th March for 4 nights.

Central B&B preferred although we'll have a car so can drive to slopes.

Thanks in advance

Brian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brianr, Think you'll struggle, unless you go down the valley to say Pettneu or Flirsch, maybe further. Most places will be doing full week lets, suggest you look on www.arlberg.com and bash out loads of emails to small b&b's. Good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Markymark29 appreciated.

Does anyone know of any other website for trying to find short-term B&B accomodation.

Or anyone be able to recommend anywhere within driving distance of Munich....St Anton is the preferred but happy to consider other places considered.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You might get lucky, but it's still pretty busy at that time.

Best bet is to use the tourist office website and search on there. You put in your dates and number of people and any preferences (e.g. B&B) and they fire off emails to all the owners for you, then the owners get back to you.

We stayed at Tom Dooley's for 4 nights in January (self catering). It's cheap (for St Anton), very handy for skiing and not too far to walk in to town in the evening. On the downside the bar is smokey and you can smell it in the apartments, although as we were 4 blokes sharing the cigarette smoke was not the worst odor in our rooms.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try Pension der Steinbock!!! Also check this link out…you might find what you are looking for - http://www.lodging-world.com/au/triol/cities/st-anton/bed-and-breakfasts
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with sah above, the tourist office method is efficient and saves you a load of time

BUT

the owners think nothing of bouncing you if a better offer (7 nights?) comes along. It happened to me and I've read it on here as well. Get them a deposit to 'secure' the booking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

the owners think nothing of bouncing you if a better offer (7 nights?) comes along. It happened to me and I've read it on here as well. Get them a deposit to 'secure' the booking.

Crikey, I've never heard of that before. Nasty. Even if booking through the Tourist office I always make sure I exchange emails with the owner too, and confirm again by phone or email just before I set off. Bumping bookings for a "better offer" is pretty poor. I hope you gave them what for.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestions. I've fired off an enquiry to Der Steinboc. I've also come across Pension Falch Roman and Hotel Falch Ernst on the tourist office website which looks like they might do the business. Has anyone got experience of these places?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brianr, Falch Roman is great, stay there 2x a season, last time in January - think they only do full weeks though but you may be lucky. Great position, dont tell everyone though! wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brianr, try googling Flexiski - Amalien Haus, i can reccomend it for a centrally located short break.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Unfortunately Falch Roman got scooped up before I could confirm.

We've now got somewhere booked which is reasonably central...I won't mention the name in case someone (obv a guest, not a member) gazumps me with a full week offer wink

I must admit it wasn't easy trying to find a short break for 3 guys, even using the tourist office website which is actually pretty good. France is so much easier which I guess is why many gravitate there..but hopefully this trip will be worth the little bit of extra effort, 1st time in Austria.

Brian
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have never heard of anyone getting bounced? And to be honest am a little dubious it happens. You are asked to pay a deposit to secure your stay. If you do, it's secured. If you don't, it isn't.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

You are asked to pay a deposit to secure your stay

Several Austria regulars have said that requiring a deposit is NOT standard practice - though it seems very normal to me. Otherwise guests can just pull out at the last minute, as well as providers cancelling for a better offer.

Quote:

France is so much easier

I don't think France is particularly easy for short breaks - they're very wedded to their Sat/Sat provision but possibly France has more British property owners, or chalet owners, who are aware of the advantages of offering greater flexibility.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nozawaonsen wrote:
I have never heard of anyone getting bounced? And to be honest am a little dubious it happens. You are asked to pay a deposit to secure your stay. If you do, it's secured. If you don't, it isn't.

Hmmm, I specifically asked if she wanted my credit card details and now haven't got a response to my last email.... beginning to get worried but will ring later to check. We're only due to arrive on Wed so can't really see us getting gazumped as of last night.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are 3 people staying at the Landhaus Murr apartments in St Anton from 21 March for 4 nights. When I booked they had short break availability for earlier on in the week. They're quite basic but the reviews are good and most importantly they are very central. Book directly with them - google their website as booking.com charges a fee.
Good luck!
ski holidays
Thanks chicarbia23 We're now sorted.

Re other posts, no deposit required, just a phone call from me, followed by an email from me to confirm, and then I got the reservation confirmation back via email. I even offered a credit card deposit but not required. Ironically the confirmation does talk about cancellation fees that would apply but can't imagine how they could enforce these with just an email address.
snow report
To clarify the only time I have any seen any problems is when someone has been asked for a deposit to confirm the booking, but has taken too long transferring. In that case the booking wasn't secured and although it's frustrating no surprise it gets offered to someone else. If you pay the deposit I would not imagine you would have a problem and if you offer to pay, but they say no need I would also be extremely surprised if you have a problem.
ski holidays
Yeah I'm now confirmed despite my above expressed concerns
ski holidays
Thanks for all the help. Just back from a fantastic 3 days ski-ing in Arlberg, first time in Austria but thoroughly enjoyed it and will defo be back.

We ended up staying in Pension Bacherhof which was about 15mins walk from the centre towards St Jacob, 56euro pppn inclusive of bfast. Very clean and pretty spacious 3 bedded room with toilet and decent shower room. Host was very friendly, usual bfast fair. The bus stop was directly at the bottom of drive which was good.

We had a good mix of weather, with Sunday sunny, snow all day Monday and then perfect sunny conditions Tuesday. Great fun both on and off piste...Tuesday was truly epic and worth the trip itself. Managed to get around pretty much most of the area with 2 days in St Anton and a day in Lech/Zurs.

Still plenty of snow for those heading out in the next few weeks.

Brian
latest report
You Fitzwilliam I went home on Monday night!!! Still happy with the powder enjoyed on Monday though.
snow report
Quote:

Does anyone know of any other website for trying to find short-term B&B accomodation.
Hotels.com or Laterooms.com. Landeck is a good bet for a few nights' accommodation and a choice of about a dozen ski areas within easy driving distance.

Quote:
The owners think nothing of bouncing you if a better offer (7 nights?) comes along. It happened to me and I've read it on here as well.
....Happened to us in Mayrhofen one summer. Turned up on spec and spent one night at a B&B before doing a multi-night hut to hut tour in the mountains. We asked if we could stay for one more night after our hut to hut walk - and they agreed. We descended from the mountains at the end of our tour to find a carnival taking place in the village - we even stopped for a beer or two and joined in the festivities. When we eventually returned to the B&B they had let the room - obviously they had had a better offer. We hadn't been asked for a deposit and took them at their word. Ba$t@rd$ trick is what I'd call it.... Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy