Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

19,000 euro bar tab - for one night

Poster: A snowHead
One of the guys I play five a sides with works for the stonegate pub company and was recently lucky enough to be selected for a free jaunt to Val D'Isere for 4 days as part of some red bull promo thing. He'd never been before but took some snowboarding (boo-hiss!) lessons and said he enjoyed it.

Said he only spent 40 euros the whole time he was away and the bar tab he saw for the last night in The Folie Douce was 11,000 then a further 7,800 in Dick's T Bar afterwards. He reckons there were an absolute maximum of 40 people in the party, including representatives of Red Bull etc.

I think I'm gonna have to phone my red bull rep in the morning! Unbelievable that companies are still willing to throw that kind of crazy money about in this financial climate.

Apparently Red Bull have their own chalet in Val D somewhere?

Opinions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bobalexander1983, At say 10 Euro per drink, that's only about 10 drinks per person per day = a poor effort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobalexander1983, Compared to their hospitality budget for F1 that's losoe change, look upon it as a redistribution of profits.
As Bode says they weren't really trying either...................

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 5-03-12 14:49; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wish I was there... Laughing

Still, cheaper than a 30 second slot on the TV.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller wrote:
bobalexander1983, At say 10 Euro per drink, that's only about 10 drinks per person per day = a poor effort.

That was just the tab for one night. Wink

Valid post about the F1 though, my dad got taken to the Australian Grand Prix with fosters a few years ago and watched the race from the Sky Bar over the track.

Another Glaswegian Licensee promptly got in a fight with Joel from neighbours after being told to get out said "celebrity's" way, with the immortal words "don't you know who I am?"

His response of "I don't give a f**k who you are ya lanky pr*ck!" did not go down well. Laughing

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 5-03-12 14:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Coca cola do similar hospitality stuff as well, Mrs B and I enjoyed a 3 day weekend in Paris courtesy of Coke and also a London weekend that involved having a Limo at our disposal and staying on Park Lane we were even given 'spending vouchers' to redeem in Harrods, who sent a Chauffeur driven Rolls Royce over to collect us!

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 5-03-12 14:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, you must do a lot of Coke
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bode Swiller, In the old days I most certainly did Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its peanuts, Red Bull lead the way.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wow, Red Bull Peanuts - be able to pebble dash my own house late at night
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bobalexander1983 wrote:

His response of "I don't give a f**k who you are ya lanky pr*ck!" did not go down well. Laughing

LMAO
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
19k is literally bug all for a company that large. I wouldn't be surprised if the footage that didn't make it into 'The Art of Flight' cost more than that by a significant margin.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Red Bull GmbH sell about 2 billion cans of their potion worldwide per year. They get an average $1 per can trade price. I was once told that each can cost 10 cents to make and ship. They spend 30% of income on marketing, which, by my reckoning might mean a budget over half a billion dollars. Yep, a 19k round of drinks is literally chicken feed. A remarkable business.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, even more so when you consider all they did originally was rebrand and sell a product someone else made. It's a company that made it's name and product base through clever marketing.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Clearly I go on holiday with the wrong friends. I reckon I could rack up a sizeable bill in La Folie Douce given half a chance! I never drank more than 2 drinks every time I went in there as the prices were so outrageous (still loved it though).
snow conditions
Quote:

Yep, a 19k round of drinks is literally chicken feed.
Puzzled
Oh really?....Unless chickens are really fed rounds of drinks of course? Toofy Grin

This 'literally' thing is now officially literally out of control......I've recently heard someone at work saying they 'Literally flew into the house'; someone else said 'He's literally tied up at the moment'; another said 'She was literally petrified'; and Robin Van Persie said the 'Emirates literally exploded after every Arsenal goal.'

Dear me...... rolling eyes

It seems that literally is no longer used to indicate that something is non-metaphoric but (completely incorrectly) merely as a point of emphasis. The only time I can think of needing to use literally to show that something was indeed literal is when I skied a terrifyingly steep ski run....and literally cr@pped myself..... Toofy Grin

Pedantic rant over....and out.
latest report
Entertainment budgets should always be big.

Bribes work.
ski holidays
Obviously the smart companies would entertain in Austria!
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Entertainment budgets should always be big.

Bribes work.

Literally.
ski holidays
musher wrote:
Obviously the smart companies would entertain in Austria!

This is true and I literally do just that, literally.
ski holidays
mountainaddict, literally taken at my local farmers' market:

Cool
snow report
mountainaddict, I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that particular turn of phrase.

I almost responded to it, but your rant was better than anything I would have posted Smile
ski holidays
Didn't say a word. Little Angel
latest report
Casually browsing english-speaking Jobs with Red Bull in Salzburg...
snow report
snow conditions
Val D'isere really is cheap these days. A city banker blew over £200K at a club in Liverpool over the weekend.

Personally I love that he chose of all places Liverpool, bet he wasn't short of tangerine hangers on.
snow report
Kel, clearly knows where to go for a good night out! dropping £200k in Liverpool sounds like a challenge though given that they were almost giving beer away last time i went out there
snow conditions
mountainaddict, guilty as charged m'lud.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict, more evidence...

http://vimeo.com/32087852
snow report
Got nothing on this guy
snow report
Cheers for the chickens literally drinking beer pics! Great stuff! Very Happy
latest report
mountainaddict, lets hope it give you some closure.
snow report
Kel wrote:
A city banker blew over £200K at a club in Liverpool over the weekend.

He was 23 years old and describes himself as a trader. Not a banker, my suspicion is he is "self-employed".
snow report
James the Last,

And your point is !!!

I was posting from something I saw on the news last night, apologies if I didn't refer to google to get my facts 100%.

Still it was a bar bill in Liverpool that was over £200k, so I wasn't that far removed from the actual article.
snow report
Point? None. Thread drift!
ski holidays
James the Last, your mum.
snow report
andersont wrote:
James the Last, your mum.

PMSL... Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy