Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pugilism on the piste

Poster: A snowHead
bobmcstuff, I actually think you're wrong about there being a 'common consensus' & at a guess, there're probably as many or more people reading the responses to valais2's story about a Dutchman with anger management issues cringing at the irony of some of the responses from Brits who sound just as sad.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Marmot, I would have smashed his face in
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
moffatross, shh I was hoping he would take offence.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
galpinos, Sounds like assult or GBH to me that does.....

Sticking the nut on someone is a little more deliberate than a coming together/collision on the slopes.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Maybe you are the kind of spineless twunt who takes everything that is flung in his way

that's a bit rich. Many people might struggle not to immediately retaliate in kind, when punched on the nose, but on the whole it would be the right course of action. And surely it would invariably be the right course of action in front of a child (especially one who might be hurt and might need a capable, calm, parent to comfort him)?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
i would have shot everyone involved with a crossbow
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, fine , don´t get you thermals in a bunch, that´s why, if you *actually read* what I wrote, I said that it was his call rolling eyes

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 6-03-12 18:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno wrote:

Old school, nice.

Me, I like the smell of napalm in the morning...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
graeme wrote:

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
Arno wrote:

Old school, nice.

Nah! Old school is a deadleg or a Chinese burn. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mr Marmot wrote:
graeme wrote:

Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 6-03-12 18:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr Marmot wrote:
clarky999 wrote:
Arno wrote:

Old school, nice.

Nah! Old school is a deadleg or a Chinese burn. wink

Kung Foo Kitty, in da Hood!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
clarky999, nipple twisters are the way forward, if you perfect the nipple twister.....you win
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

if you *actually read* what I wrote, I said that it was his call

well of course it's his call - who else's call would it be to decide whether to hit somebody?

If you want to insult somebody who feels there are better alternatives to "kicking the fluck" (or whatever) out of somebody, that's your call. I disagree with your judgement. That's my call.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clarky999, i take my lead from our American cousins

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-08-31/news/30117160_1_crossbow-wrong-car-rocks
snow report
kooky wrote:
clarky999, nipple twisters are the way forward, if you perfect the nipple twister.....you win

Yeah. You're right. I forgot about those.
snow conditions
kooky wrote:

aaaah happy childhood memories... Laughing
ski holidays
clarky999, and the wet towel? My speciality Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Arno wrote:
clarky999, i take my lead from our American cousins

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-08-31/news/30117160_1_crossbow-wrong-car-rocks

That sounds very Chuck Noris like.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/8/128994707972453094.jpg
snow report
kooky wrote:
clarky999, and the wet towel? My speciality Twisted Evil

Giving, or receiving? wink
snow report
valais2 wrote:

End of the day near Violettes lift Montana - very empty. At a cross roads, my 6yr old son following 3-4m behind, luckily wearing body armour and helmet. 60 year old Dutch guy comes straight down not looking and piles straight into son. His mother and passing ski instructor we know tend to son and are doing a good job so I get address and details (which I believe is a legal requirements) and give him mine. Only he refuses. So does his wife and four friends, who have now arrived. Quite large group now gathered, pisteur called. Son still being tended to and saying his head hurts. I ask for a phone number from them. Aggressively refuses. None admit to having a mobile (!). At that point he starts to put skis on and tries to ski off. I simply take one ski and walk back to son where pisteur is now in attendance and checking pupil dilation etc. 60 year old comes straight over and gives me a full and hard punch to the face. I laugh, and say if he wants BIG trouble, carry on. Wife comes over and calms him down, he then gives me three incomplete phone numbers, none of which work. I give up and hand him over to pisteur, who gets it out of him.

I shrug it off, assuming he was himself stressed, but pretty shameful behaviour. But 60 year old ex-boxers clearly pack a punch since mu cheek came up nicely a few hours later.

Stop being a wuss, bro.

You got beat by a grandpa.

You shoulda picked up a ski and thrashed the smelly old man.
snow report
I would have loved to see Voice Of Treason post on this thread Very Happy
latest report
Anyone cuts me up on the slopes and I'll pamper them Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
James the Last, Aye, whatever you think son. Just keep walking.
snow conditions
robboj, are you the toughest snowhead?
snow conditions
graeme, Me no, big softy really.
snow conditions
Hope your lad is OK...

Confiscating a lift pass could have varying consequences, the obvious being whether it is day or a season, should pisteurs be judge and jury?
snow report
A friend of mine who is an instructor in Canada was hit by a boarder on a green run while leading a group of beginners. The boarder had hit a jump coming out of the trees on to the run and didn't see my friend. She went flying and broke her wrist as she hit the ground. That was her out of action for pretty much the rest of that season. The boarder had his season pass taken off him by patrol and he didn't get it back.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whitegold, ...it was quite interesting actually...being a climber means that one is not exactly lacking in upper body strength...when the guy hit me it certainly didn't have the effect of either turning on a red light or switching on a 'flight' response - it just made me laugh. And that reaction took the wind out of his sails completely - the guy looked a bit confused and limp. He sure as hell wasn't getting his ski back, but I sure as hell wasn't going to sink to his level and whack him. I've seen people laying into each other and the stark reality of it is that it seldom has much immediate effect, except if one person is simply full of hot air, and a quick altercation quickly knocks the confidence out of someone like that. The fact is, that if your adrenaline is up, you don't really feel a punch - so it's a bit pointless. The guy hit me, thus dissipating ANY moral advantage, the blow was clearly hard (hence huge swelling later) but frankly, I didn't really feel it at the time. Maybe too many alpine rocks have fallen on my head - although I knew he'd laid one on me, it was of no consequence at all in terms of physical effect, hence the laugh. When I broke my back once, THAT hurt... although with that too: less at the time, than later.

PS if he was sixty then he was only about six years older than me!! but don't tell anyone....

I think the point of this is that if you do something stupid like hit a small child, just behave like someone with a moral backbone and act like a responsible adult rather than a three year old.

and finally, consider this, if I'd whacked with the force that I can putting into hauling my sorry carcass up a 5a, it would have been me on the wrong side of the law - and the morality would have been all on it's head...
ski holidays
Good to hear that no long term damage done.
Does anyone know the rules about swapping names/addresses? Mrs 1g got taken out from behind while we were skiing at Kaprun, landing face first and a few metres further down the slope. Both parties picked themselves up and seemed ok so skiied on, but my wife's face started swelling up so she decided to go to hospital to get x-ray check. X-ray showed no bones broken but hospital staff asked if we had the name of the other skier. A couple of days later, the police called her up to say that the hospital had reported it and so they wanted more details etc. Not a lot more she could tell them.
It didnt occur to us at the time to ask for names - unless we had thought the other one was being reckless as in Valais2's incident.
Anyway, her black eye has almost gone now, 2 weeks later Smile
latest report
pam w wrote:
And surely it would invariably be the right course of action in front of a child (especially one who might be hurt and might need a capable, calm, parent to comfort him)?

Wow, pam w, I hadn't seen YOU as the violent sort! Smile
snow conditions
Quote:

I've even helped an odd male who was struggling to get up

fnar fnar
snow conditions
1gunsalute, I believe it is law to exchange details in Germany and Austria when an accident takes place, whether it is on the piste or anywhere else.

We all should have public liability insurance so it is not a problem usually. Unfortunately, a lot of the accidents that occur on piste involve tourists who may not be familiar with the "rules". If someone skis off without bothering to check or give their details it is treated in the same manner as "hit and run", but it is usually very difficult to actually find the person concerned. If there are any injuries however, they will make an effort to find the person and if they do, the culprit can be charged with assault.
latest report
I have never seen anybody fighting whilst skiing, but i do agree that there are a lot of skiers/boarders who could ski a bit more carefully.

I feel though that children are difficult - they are obviously smaller and more vulnerable so all adults (should) try extra hard to avoid them - but certainly my own 3 kids take this to its logical conclusion and despite all my shouting and imploring expect all adults to get out of their way. In February, on a green, one of mine was sking along (very nicely) but not looking forward and hit a poor man standing at the side of the slope. She cartwheeled over his skis and gave herself a nosebleed. She was a bit more sensible after that, but my point is that children don't always behave properly either.(the man was not hurt and looked mortified, i was so embarrassed and made her apologise, nosebleed and all).

We should all just be nice, as you say an apology goes a long way!
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing selective quoting; tut tut!
snow conditions
I ran over the back of some French kid's skis once, he must have been 5 or 6 I guess, but I'm really bad at judging the age of kids. He suddenly turned across the front of me in the middle of a steeper section of a really busy bit of piste while I was busy avoiding a snowboarder in front of me on the other side who was doing much the same thing.

Anyway, he fell over and started bawling, and I climbed back up the piste to help him. His mum was only a few meters behind and she basically just put him back on his feet and told me it was ok.

So yeah that's a boring story, but I felt really bad about it at the time. Pretty glad he didn't have an aggressive dad in tow, or it could have gone much worse for me. Would have been better off just skiing away and leaving the kid in that case, and would then have felt even worse about doing a hit and run...
snow report
1gunsalute wrote:
Does anyone know the rules about swapping names/addresses?...

Back of the class please 1gunsalute Wink

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=87589
Hint: Rule 10
snow conditions
My brother got hit by another rider last season. Bloke just carried on down, got ski patrol and said "someone has had a bad crash up there" then just rode away. He didn't bother telling ski patrol that it was him who had caused the accident and had hit my brother from above!!!!

30 stitches in his face later and a scar to die for. We will be keeping an eye out for the rider!!!

snow conditions
Dot., ouch
ski holidays
PS if you don't like blood, don't look at the above image wink Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy