Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help cancelled hotel SAoll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flights, car hire and holiday booked for the 15th March for 3 nights but the Garni Tenne has just emailed cancelling our booking as apparently an error has been made.
Can anyone recommend any accomodation preferably in Soll itself that might have single rooms available at short notice.
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Garni Tenne has just emailed cancelling our booking as apparently an error has been made.

Shocked what a bummer! Sorry, can't help - but hope you find something.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve.S, you may just have to risk going there and looking for something. Hotels and Pensions really hate giving you a room for three nights at the height of the season. Looking into bergfex there are tons of rooms available for that week, but not a single one for three days! I suspect that your Hotel got a better offer as well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Steve.S, If you look at www.tiscover.com it shows a single room for those dates is available at Landhaus Bachler in Brixen (8km from Soll). Not Soll obviously, but Brixen is quite a good base itself.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try the official wilder kaiser site and see if you can book anything through that. We are currently staying in apartment dr goldberger it's in the center of town and has taken a two night booking from me for tonight and tomorrow night. Unfortunately the holiday has turned into a nightmare with me confined to bed all night last night (in another hotel) and all day today with a severely upset stomach. Can't see me getting better for tomorrow either:(
The snow is suffering from the heat as well with Vw beetle sized moguls appearing later in the day. (I skied yesterday and the day before.
Alternatively try booking.com but avoid gastoff christorphorus where we stayed the last two nights.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If the 'error' has been made by the hotel, insist that they find you somewhere else. 15th March is hardly the height of the season, so there should be plenty of accommodation available, even just for 3 nights. Plan B would be to contact the Tourist Association (skiwelt.at) and ask them for recommendations and assistance, making sure that you express your displeasure at the way that you have been treated by one of their local hotels. Plan C is just turn up in resort and see what you can find. It can't be impossible to find something in Soll/Itter/Brixen/Westendorf/Elmau/Scheffau
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
daveqpr,
Could you tell me what your apartment is like please, I have sent them an email in any event.
Sorry to hear about your illness it's never good but It's rubbish on a ski holiday.
Hopefully the weather will change before I arrive as I am not good on moguls and really don't fancy VW beetle size although I once managed to get myself on outer limits at Killington and you can add hard and icy into the mix - fantastic!!!!
Thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steve.S, www.booking.com is showing 4 hotels in Soll that'll accept your date and days.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Steve.S,
The apartment is right in the town center just round the corner from the garni hotel and almost opposite the postwirt hotel. It's a studio apartment that was spotlessly clean when we arrived. It has a comfy double bed and a table chairs etc. there are cooking facilities with a hot plate and a combi type microwave grill and I think it has an oven. It is warm and quiet when the windows are shut but I did notice a bit of noise last night when they where open. The apartment is nice but as with alot of Austrian places the dark woods make it look a bit 80's if you know what I mean. It's about 80 euros a night for 2 of us.
Thanks for the concern over my sickness, unfortunately it hasn't passed. I did manage skiing today but it was an effort with my very low energy levels from hardly eating a thing. Normally i'm a first to last lift type with full on après. Today I finished at 2 and am now getting ready for bed after my poor wife had to eat a meal with me sitting there sipping water Sad . To make matters worse the elderly English man on the next table was a chain smoker having 3-4 fags in 20 minutes !
The weather was a bit cooler this morning but it warmed up from about 11 with the choppiness of the snow soon afther though not as bad as before. That said there is so much depth to it there are no bare patches at all.
One small run was shut just under the hoe salve summit due to some small avalanches that stopped about 100 metres from the piste. If it cools down you'll be fine.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Result
The ski welt website has just sent us rooms at the Berghof which is not in the centre but looks very nice so all booked.
Just need that colder weather and for the moguls to become a more manageable size.
Thanks for everyone's help
daveqpr,
I hope you start feeling better soon
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steve.S,
Many thanks for that and glad you got sorted Unfortunately I'm not getting any better so have decided to go home a early and miss a days skiing. We leave for the airport in a few mins for the first flight out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy