Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap goggles and other ski related paraphernalia

Poster: A snowHead
Having already treated Mrs NBT to a pair of Sorel Caribou this winter, I've just ordered some Sorel Joan Of Arctic for her. There are some serously cheap Oakley goggles and other stuff too, fill yer boots

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_435464/1/Clearance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
nbt, thanks for that, just managed to spend too much on stuff I don't actually need Laughing It is a really great sale, loads of bits.

There are some absolute bargain last seasons's ski boots IF you know what you're looking for!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm a little confused as to whether these gloves would be suitable for use for skiing?

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_64985/435464/Tactile%20Cp

I assume they are?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nbt, Thank you...just spent a bit, but saved alot as we will need it all for next season
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
milzibkit, they look like ski gloves to me
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
it's worth pointing out that things seem to be selling out, there aren't half as many goggles listed now as there were yesterday, same with skis where there are only a few left in really small lengths
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oakley Wool Plaid Fedora - Why Puzzled but only £9
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snapped myself some Salomon Suspects for £136, down from £450! Doubt I'll even use them, will probably just wack them on ebay and make a nice profit Cool Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, Well my 16YO daughter has just pleaded very sweetly for one of those!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pair of 142cm True Luvs for £102 if there are any very small women looking for an intermediate ski - not a bad price at all.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Monium, the sweet luvs were even cheaper £59 for a set of skis, but only pixie size - 142cm too small even for my daughter Sad .

I'm trying one of the Dakine brand bags (satchel) for my daughter for school. We have been struggling since she started to find a bag acceptable to her, big enough and most importantly upto the wear and tear of school life. I didn't realise that brands like Dakine did 'regular' bags, but given that their 'snow' bags consistently get good write ups and recommendations on SH's I reasoned that they might know a thing or two about making bags in general. It will be interesting to see how the one I've ordered gets on.

For £12 I've also had a waterproof pair of snowboots - my wellies have just given up the ghost and make my legs ache. Since I only use them in the winter these rubberised winter boots might do admirably.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Punt taken on Salomon jacket. It will either be good for the EoSB or the December freeze-off next season. Whatever happens it is the same money I was going to spend and probably better quality than I'd get otherwise.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well its just cost me a new snowboard for my mini darksider, though given the price paid no room for complaint!
http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/TwoSeasons/_64526/435464/Elvira%20Phoenix
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ooops wasn't intending on spending any money on any more ski related things and just gone and spent over £130 Shocked i do love a bargain though Very Happy
Must ignore sale threads in the future Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowy23, Same here, talbyem was quite content with with her K2 Kandi until she spotted the Elvira Phoenix and then all 3 girls found the hats!
snow conditions
davkt, Laughing Laughing
snow report
My stuff came today, very pleased. Cheers nbt snowHead
ski holidays
sarah, wow thats quick delivery, i'm waiting for my stuff to be delivered Very Happy are you pleased with your stuff?
latest report
Quote:

My stuff came today, very pleased. Cheers nbt

You're welcome. But Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad where are the Sorel Joan Of Arctic boots I ordered for Mrs NBT before I posted the link on here ?!
ski holidays
nbt, sorry to hear that Sad maybe they've sold out? Hope not, fingers crossed.
ski holidays
Got a card through the door saying they tried to deliver my stuff (ordered Fri) today so should be dropped off at dad's place tomorrow if they follow the instructions I've left on their website!
snow report
The email just came through
Quote:

Unfortunately the following items are out of stock.

GRRRRR!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
My jacket turned up yesterday. Bargain price, and will do me nicely for pretty much all my skiing - thick removable liner under a softshell type thingy, both will be good for minus whatever in December, the softshell good for end of season sunshine. Thanks for flagging this up.
snow report
Hats and the Elvira appeared today, will have 3 happy daughters when they back from the evil ex!
ski holidays
My hat is at the sorting office - 3rd trip this week rolling eyes
latest report
How annoying is that, i've been waiting for ski boots, salopettes and a scarf to arrive and out of all three the scarf has just arrived and been told the others are out of stock, why say in stock when they're not Sad
snow conditions
I've just been refunded for the goggles I ordered. Thanks OP for the tip, shame it didn't come off!
snow report
Pity about all out of stocks, they seem to have a problem keeping track. When I bought Em's 143 Elvira it looked to be last one as it went out of stock, then 2 days later back in stock.

Oh and does anyone know if a new snowboard needs waxing before heading to the mountains? Not got a clue about these strange one plank contraptions and the little darksider's phone seems out of charge so can't ask the guilty party!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had something refunded to the credit card, but no email.so no idea what is not arriving....will be a magical mystery parcel arriving or maybe not arriving Puzzled
latest report
Damn you, I just had to look..... and seem to have accidentally bought a shiny new (green!) salomon Jacket!

Impossible to say no with over two hundred quid off!!

Hope it fits!!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 9-03-12 23:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Man, this tempts me to buy a board. Somebody stop me!
snow report
adamantis, why stop? You know you need it!
snow report
Loads more boards seem to have made it into the sale, not such huge discounts as the first ones but still some decent deals!
latest report
Ordered myself a Centurion in 156 - suppose I should think about getting some bindings and learning how to use one plank instead of two!
snow conditions
adamantis, so far successfully resisting doing similar! Though think my 12yo darksider would probably attempt murder if I did go over to 1 plank!
latest report
Just to let you know, Two Seasons are also doing a price match in their stores so if they don't have your size online they may have in store. Very Happy
latest report
Board has arrived! No boots though - just a note on the delivery slip to say they were out of stock and will be refunded rolling eyes Still! I'd rather have a board and no boots. Now to sort out bindings (and I feel more comfortable trying boots on pre-purchase anyway...) And some lessons or something. These board things are really light!
snow conditions
Yep Em's new board isn't any heavier than her old one which is 8cm shorter and despite the the old one being a pretty soft kids board and this one being a soft adult board there doesn't feel to be much if any difference in the flex.
ski holidays
alll arrived fine........other half now has some rather nice true luvs.........
snow report
Well Fawkes (as the Elvira Phoenix has been named after the phoenix in Harry Potter) had its first outing at Tamworth fridge today and the much loved but outgrown K2 Kandi was declared dull and boring in comparison to the Imperivm. Talbyem was noticeable quicker on the new one so looks like a good buy!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy