Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pilates for men

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering what we all think about this, because you rarely see men at a Pilates class. I get the impression that most men think its a girly thing, and I guess even if they fancy trying it they're unlikely to because the classes are dominated by women.

I go to a class once a week and there is another class before it. Between the two classes there are about 40 people altogether and maybe 6-8 of them are men. The men are of varying ages from 30s to 50s.

What do you think?

Deb
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect Pilates is seen by many men as simlar to Yoga. We tend to see Yoga as more of a spectators sport. wink

http://funny-pics.co/wp-content/uploads/funny-man-smoking-at-yoga-class.jpg
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've no problem attending a pilates class, but I think all of them at my gym are during working hours!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why would I want to learn to fly at my age/

Coat please
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You should see my Downward Dog... Cool

ps, yes I know that's Yoga, Pilates is so last year - Yogalates - that's where it's at wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tarquin, how are the Zumbah classes going?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There is JGE... "just gay enough"...

and then there is trying a bit too hard to be in touch with one's feminine side... Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know a couple of extremely fit male triathletes who do pilates.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, My Yin has never been so Yanged.

stoat of the dead, Who said it was my feminine side I was trying to get in touch with ? How's the MLC lately ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tarquin, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Woman look good in yoga pants and spandex, men just look gay. Besides, I wouldn't feel safe in the showers.

http://www.miffmuff.com/sexy-yoga-pants-girl-photos/

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_cLcJh8G8ImA/S98VYkfGJgI/AAAAAAAADC8/xza50PA_w90/s1600/27016_362972131000_362899546000_5148728_6724573_n.jpg

Anyone tried Irish yoga?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5zdog9viOpw/S2ZWBz0jZyI/AAAAAAAABJk/Sy8umH6B-_U/s640/Irish%20Yoga.jpg
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB, Don't you start. Yoga TROUSERS!
Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tarquin wrote:
DB, Don't you start. Yoga TROUSERS!
Wink

Thankfully some of us men can carry off the Yoga Trouser look ....... wink Toofy Grin
http://dn.broncoweb.co.uk/wpimg/2006/11/matts_pirate-sword.jpg
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tarquin, enough lower lumbar suppleness and you will soon be easily able to reach your masculine side... just take your false teeth out though... Wink

The MLC is chugging along nicely...!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shock Shock
snow report
Hey they're the wrong faces! They were supposed to be laughing faces!
snow conditions
debbiem, in the studio I went to for six years, there were four men who did pilates with me twice a week. It was a small studio with a max of five people in a session, working on machines. Not having done pilates at any other studio, I was unaware that such a high ratio of men was unusual. I enjoyed the competitiveness of it - you don't get that so much with women.
ski holidays
Zero-G, competitive Pilates? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Pedantica, quite! Shocked Shocked

(and breathe ......)
snow conditions
Quote:

I suspect Pilates is seen by many men as simlar to Yoga. We tend to see Yoga as more of a spectators sport.

Here in Hong Kong, yoga is very popular amongst men, pilates has a slightly higher ratio of women.

Yoga is most definitely not seen as feminine here! At the gym I go to (Pure Fitness, which also comprises Pure Yoga, so employs a very high level of yoga instructor) the yoga teachers are almost all Indian yogis.
snow report
Pedantica, maggi, nothing like a bit of competitiveness to make you want to perfect your movements, do better.
ski holidays
Zero-G, it would be difficult to agree less.
snow conditions
Pedantica, whatever floats your boat. We all have our personal motivators.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy