Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport how far is main terminal from charter, is it (charter) easy to get to?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter's flying out Easy Jet to Geneva this Sat on her own, and not a seasoned traveller, and a wee bit nervous about it all, she has to get to the charter terminal to meet a Crystal* coach that will take her to Tignes.

Have looked on Google and says five minutes walk, so a couple of questions, is the charter terminal well sign posted easy to find etc any other advice as to how to best get there.......

Can't find any decent maps of the terminals
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, it's about 5 mins walk.

Coming out of arrivals in the main terminal turn right and follow along the building. Bear to the right slightly staying on the right-hand side of the road, pavement with Long term multi-storey car park on the right, just keep on along here and it's on your right.

You can get quite a detailed map here: http://fr.mappy.com/#d=geneve+aeroport&p=map

I'm sure there's someone who may give better directions than these Smile

Mark
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This might help:
http://www.gva.ch/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-60/

Otherwise, the charter terminal is also known as T2 and is marked as Service Hotelier on Google Maps:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=46.228117,6.103925&t=m&z=17

Apparently, there is a bus.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-03-12 22:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
altis, as I said I did do a Google prior to posting, and found that map you posted, and as you may have noticed does not exactly show the charter terminal, unless I'm missing something blindingly obvious, which of course I reserve the right to do Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is about a 5 minute walk and easily done if she isn't carrying too much baggage. If she's got skis / boots etc, tell her to take a 2p coin to use in the luggage trolleys, then she can wheel her stuff down the road and not have to worry about finding somewhere to put the trolley at the charter bus.

She should turn right out of departures and head out past the Jazz Cafe, post office and car rental desks - she will at least be heading out in the right direction then. The charter terminal is opposite the P51 car park - only about as far to walk as if she were picking up a hire car. There is a map in this pdf: http://www.gva.ch/en/Portaldata/1/Resources/fichiers/parkings/acces-parkings-transp_gva.pdf
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scampi Dellahanti, excellent stuff - with that map and now zooming in on Google Map in pedestrian mode can see it all really clear - the big control tower's a bit of a landmark!

Really think my daughter(s) does not have my "adventurous" genes rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy