Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

budget St Anton 1 week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know a rough budget for St Anton for one week? From what I have seen so far, accommodation is about 550 - 600 euros for a week.
What are the apres ski prices, 50cl beer costs?
Restaurants...ski pass.
I've been trying to find self catered accommodation for just 2 people but that seems to be impossible...most apartments are set up for 4+. Hotels way too expensive so you end up with either small aptms or pension type rooms, which is fine but they're not self catered so restaurant bill is gonna be pricey every night.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
GordonFreeman, We stayed in the 2 bed apartment at http://www.flunger.at/ last February. In a good position near the Nasserrein lift. Apartment is in the basement although there is a small window, it was fine we weren't in it that much. Sidney Reilly has a 2 bed apartment too.

I was with my daughter so didn't party too much but I generally paid 5€ for a large beer and you could get a decent meal for 15€. Pass prices etc are on the St Anton website, loads of apartments on there too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beer is €3-5/6. Take a look at Pettneu and St Jakob for more budget accommodation. Restaurants... You can get a decent meal for €10/15, or splash out and spend a lot more...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
GordonFreeman, Try getting in touch with sidneyreilly on here. He has several apartments in great locations. Lunch say €10-15 a head - gulaschsuppe say €5 and beer 4-5, meat dishes around €10. Beers in the main après joints are €5 pint but can be bought cheaper elsewhere. Dinner can be anything from a (fantastic) €6 takeaway burger to very expensive cuisine. Expensive for Austria but cheaper than France or switzerland. Probably on par with uk prices to be fair.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all.
Any idea son how this system works:
6) Choice of day ski-pass 18 or 30 points: up to 11.50 am = 3 pts..; after 11.50 am = 2 pts.; after 3 pm = 1 pt.

Am probably going to stay there for a week but only ski 3 or 4 days, got some other stuff to see and do in between.
1 day is 45 euros but if there was some way to get a pass where you could ski 3 days but not know which particular day and use up credits each time then I might use that.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GordonFreeman, whatever you do - DON't rent skis.. It's more expensive than you could dream possible.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, Yep, only place I've been to more expensive is Ischgl. Intersport for 6 days this season €188 plus insurance. OK top of the range skis but WTF. Main reason I bought my own.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gordon, go check out www.skiworld.co.uk as they have reduced many chalet holidays.
eg 4* Chalet Alteposte, (200m walk to Rendl lift) is now £479 for March 25th week flying out of LGW.
And DON'T rent ski stuff in St Anton .................. £160 per week for standard kit.
Buy your lift pass day by day if you are not skiing a full week, you don't save anything, but you won't waste unused days.
Don't take the yellow ski bus to Lech if you fancy a day skiing there........... well worth the effort. Instead ski down to Alpe Ruez and catch the free blue ski bus to Zurs/Lech.
On the mountain food is not cheap, but it's nowhere near as expensive as Courchy. There's some pleasant watering holes on the mountains.
Enjoy your trip.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would also be budgetting for off-piste guiding, or off-piste lessons in St Anton. I would not be going to St Anton unless I was planning on doing some freeriding! Piste to Powder are excellent.

You should find lots of suitable s/c places on the resort website www.stantonamarlberg.com (I think.) I can thoroughly recommend www.flunger.at - that was the best budget option I came up with. Excellent place, and location.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I would also be budgetting for off-piste guiding.....I would not be going to St Anton unless I was planning on doing some freeriding!

Puzzled Puzzled Could be 2 beginners for all you know. Bit like saying I would not be going to St Anton unless I was planning on being completely @r$eholed until 4am every morning Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy