Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I be worried?

Poster: A snowHead
I go skiing a few times a year and I'm worried that I don't have enough to worry about. Sometimes I don't even book accommodation or a hire car until the week before or even take a punt and rock up somewhere and get accommodation on spec. Sometime I get up in the morning and don't even know where I'm going to ski let alone preview runs on youtube.

Should I worry more? What would you advise I should work on first in my worrying technique?

Weather conditions 30+ days out? What skis to take? Whether I can take my boots in handluggage? What the exchange rate will be? Do I wax my skis for warm or cold temps? What edge bevel to use? Whether my budgie smugglers are skimpy enough to pass muster in the municipal pool?

Any hints and tips appreciated.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 28-02-12 23:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whether it will be cold enough to freeze your ski lock and if you don't have one whether to buy one or not.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whether you should carry your helmet in your hand luggage or hold baggage - should you wear a helmet or not
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
whether or not to visit a therapist? Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whether to have a laminated checklist of things to worry about!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ooh i like the laminated checklist, but what if you forget to laminate it? or there is a fire or a big gust of wind?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kioksor, Laminated paper weight?.
fatbob, Gold.......... Love it!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Whether to have a laminated checklist of things to worry about!

NehNeh
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Count the thumb pins into little piles of the same colour, do you want to score will you remember to throw them away before you get home?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob wrote:
Whether my budgie smugglers are skimpy enough to pass muster in the municipal pool.
I'd like to suggest a solution to this one. Ditch the pool. Stick to saunas and travel to Austria - no need to even worry about whether you've packed the budgie smugglers at all, let alone how skimpy they are. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fatbob,
After reading your post... I worry about you Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
could also worry if your bum looks big in your ski gear or if its totally last years style!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i worry that i dont know enough about weather charts and what the difference is between high and low pressure. Also, why does the high pressure stay over the western alps and not let the cold front come. Why is it drier in the eastern alps?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Worry that some knob will GoPro you...just as you make a total @rse of it.
Worry that it may snow too much...or it will rain non stop from tomorrow.
Worry that global warming will turn Europe into a desert,or not.
Worry that the Chinese will aquire the worlds snow concession,along with everything else Sad
Worry that SH's crashes,and you miss all of the sage advice punted in your direction wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You must start worrying that you won't be able to buy food/snowchains/lift passes 30 days before you leave, and also whether any lifts will be shut due to bad weather. It happens you know!
snow conditions
Should I worry that the Eosb wont happen and I'll have to spend a week in snowless Morzine instead Toofy Grin
snow report
Laughing
snow conditions
Sourgraping wrote:
Should I worry that the EoSB wont happen and I'll have to spend a week in snowless Morzine instead Toofy Grin

The slopes of Montalbert should be green by then, so you won't need to travel to Morzine. Don't forget your snowchains Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Should I worry that they'll have put the shovels away by then ?
ski holidays

Im so sorry guys, as you can see from my on the spot reporting the snow has all melted Sad
snow conditions
PS Admin, thank you for the updated snowMedia Zone functions Smile
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Very nice now go and ski on it!!
snow report
fatbob, All of what you say is the snowHead's Very Lonely Burden. It must be carried (wo)manfully in stoic silence with broad shoulders and a quiet, sly grin across the Flatlands of the Everyday.

Your reward for bearing this heavy weight throughout your life is the ability to travel at speed under your own power across a rapidly changing terrain while buried up to your bllx in deep white powder under a clear blue sky. You are therefore blessed.

Embrace your Inner Worrier. What you really need to worry about is that skiing may NOT be the Meaning of Life.
latest report
Whether you have the right phone app to show you the right runs and tell you how fast you skied them, then worry that you're not skiing fast enough
snow report
Should I worry that I stop for lunch instead of having a bag of rabbit hutch sweepings on the lift ?
ski holidays
Tarquin, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
PS Admin, thank you for the updated snowMedia Zone functions Smile

I think that you'll find that the snowMedia Zone is Yoda's baby wink
ski holidays
Should I worry about starting a new thread about helmets?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, ah, well you learn something new every day.

Thanks Yoda Very Happy
snow report
zellmaniac, I think I could wear it, another thread on unnecessary fashion items providing an income stream for manufacturers.

On a safety theme more people are breaking sternums these days and a friend just happens to make a protector used by our F1 drivers that could be worn with the other entire kit, armadillo, wrist and ankle wraps, knee protectors or was that a carpet fitter.
snow report
Buy the Daily Mail and quit worrying about yourself.
snow report
Will I get snow tyres at Munich/Salzburg?Geneva

Should I hire car on Swiss or French side at GVA

Have I accidentally booked to drive to the Hoff on a race weekend and doomed myself to 6 hgours of motorway hell

Will the Austrian polis spot that I have no snow tyres/vignette

Will the waitresses in the Schneekar Hutte be better looking/worse looking than last month/year/decade

Would DIY/TO have been cheaper
snow report
Cynic,

You always should think about protection - condoms anyone? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself... and those spiders that lay eggs in your brain... Oh dear God! FEAR THEM! FEAR THEM!
snow conditions
Richard_Sideways wrote:
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself... and those spiders that lay eggs in your brain... Oh dear God! FEAR THEM! FEAR THEM!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I've never worried about a ski trip.

Now i'm worried I've been missing something!!
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, after some of the stuff in the Chalet hosts blogs, you should probably worry about what your toothbrush has been up to while you've been on the mountain - particularly if you've been a PITA to the chalet staff.
snow report
Definately gonna hide my toothbrush from now on wherever I go! Shocked Shocked
latest report
I'd be worried about whether your insurance actually covers you to ski between those two pistes Shocked

That is of course once you are done worrying about whether you are actually defining it as 'off piste' and whether your analogue transceiver and lack of airbag heightens the chance of you dying on your drive to the slopes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy