Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

11 ski/board films at Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (9-11 March)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Something obviously in the air this year as we've got 11 ski/board films this year - two special Snow/Board Screenings each with 4 films in them, plus 2 feature length showings of All.I.Can and The Art Of Flight as well as A Path of Roses - A Girl's Skiing Episode in Kashmir. (And it's looking like this year's festival's going to be the busiest ever with nearly 100,000 hits on the trailer on YouTube and tickets selling faster than ever before).

You can read film-maker & skier Dan Habershon-Butcher's reviews here:
http://www.shaff.co.uk/news/2012/02/28/Ski_film_reviews_by_filmmaker_Dan_HabershonButcher/

FULL SKI/BOARD PROGRAMME DETAILS:

Ski & Board Films 1 (104mins)
http://www.shaff.co.uk/programme-detail/ski-board-films-1/
Sat 10 Mar - 13.00 - Screen 2 (tickets: standard prices)
This Is My Winter - 26 minutes 

Follow big mountain snowboard legend Xavier de la Rue through a whole season. Includes a hair-raising 4 hour descent down one of the most mythical ski descents in Chamonix, the 3,700m Aiguille de Plan.
Pillow Line - 5 minutes
An amazing, amusing short that uses an innovative stop motion technique to show the world of skiing in a whole different light. Ski the pillow line without ever getting out of bed.
Ski Guides of La Grave - 12 minutes
La Grave is unique. Up high, a small ski lift serves a piste on the glacier. Apart from that, there is nothing or close to nothing ... just off-piste, ski-touring routes down 2000m of pure mountain. The area's four ski patrollers explain their light-touch approach and their passion for protecting this one-of-a-kind ski experience.
Solitaire - 52 minutes
A poetic celebration of back country skiing and snowboarding in South America. The hypnotic Spanish narration (based on Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness) and hauntingly beautiful ski and board sequences reel you in to create a real connection between the sport and its natural environment that makes this film stand out from the crowd.

Ski & Board Films 2 (99mins)
http://www.shaff.co.uk/programme-detail/ski-board-films-2/
Sun 11 Mar - 13.00 - Screen 2 (tickets: standard prices)
A Downhill Affair - 13 minutes
Is it possible for two people to both live the dream and stay happy together? In 'Downhill Affair: A Love Story' extreme skiers Molly Baker and Zack Giffin admit that the one thing that could bring them closer could tear them apart.
The Freedom Chair - 15 minutes
Josh Dueck was an aspiring skier and coach until a ski accident left him paralysed. Not content with his comeback winning a silver Olympic medal in downhill sit-ski racing, he craves the thrill and freedom of backcountry skiing.
The Man And The Mammoth - 7 minutes
A charming, witty animated short in which a caveman discovers skiing thanks to his friendship with a wooly mammoth.
Being There - 55 minutes
The world's best freeskiers filmed in HD by a passionate ski-mad film-crew in mind-blowing locations, Being There is a behind the scenes look at the production of an adventure ski film.

Feature Films
All I Can (84 mins)
http://www.shaff.co.uk/programme-detail/feature-films/2012/03/11/All_I_Can/[url]
[/url]Sun 11 Mar - 19.30 - Creative Lounge (tickets: 2/3 prices)
All.I.Can is a two-year feature film project aiming to make the connection between skiing and the environment skiers enjoy. Whilst unashamedly green it's not preachy - facing up to the paradox that logging, mining and cars allow skiers access to some of the most beautiful areas in the world. Inspirational ski performances and ground-breaking cinematography celebrate nature in all its glory.

The Art Of Flight (88 mins)
http://www.shaff.co.uk/programme-detail/feature-films/2012/03/11/The_Art_Of_Flight/
Sun 11 Mar - 17.00 - Creative Lounge (tickets: 2/3 prices)
Big-budget, feature length, Hollywood style, adventure/travel documentary drama of epic proportions that focuses as much on the process of making a snowboard movie as about snowboarding.

Environment & Culture Films (104mins)
http://www.shaff.co.uk/programme-detail/environment-culture-films/
Sun 11 Mar - 12.30 - Screen 1 (tickets: standard prices)
includes British premiere of ski film:
Path Of Roses - A Girl's Skiing Episode in Kashmir - 25 minutes
Female free ski mountaineers meet the Himalayas. Austrian skiers Eva Walkner and Katharina Schuler explore the unique ski culture, untouched powder slopes and colourful villages of the Kashmir, a paradise for freeriders.

[/url]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh that looks really good, and close enough to me to have made the trip but unfortunatly away that weekend. Bother!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kat.ryb, some of that has been released online so you don't have to miss out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy