Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haute Maurienne 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can't find any specific reports so posting some info here as am in the area for a week.

General: Snow depths not amazing, it would seem they suffered alot in the "windy events" a few weeks back. That said, the pistes round most resorts are in good conditions (One closed run at Aussois today (Balme black run).

Val Cenis on Sunday was mostly cloudy, though this did lift enough for a good run off-piste through the big clearing beyond the far left lifts on the piste map - a good 800m vertical of mixed snow (currently) to be had in fun terrain.

Yesterday we were in Bonneval. Mostly firm on piste & off, with some nice spring snow to be found on the shoulder down to the Andagne ruins:

Today we went to Aussois, very thin off the side of the pistes on the front face, bit more snow over the back around the Fournache lift. We went off in search of spring snow for some lift- and skin-assisted laps of the Grand Chatelard and came up trumps!

A great day!

Considering Paris & Marseille are both on holiday everywhere has seemed relatively calm with only the occasional queue of any consequence. Amazingly (for me) we have heard Brit voices all 3 days so far!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry about the "windy events" Embarassed

The snow looks to me like it's receeding. I hope there's going to be some left in a month or so.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
More good spring snow in Aussois today, but not as much refreeze overnight and seriously warm from 9:30 onwards...

Lunch with a view:

And what a view (Dent Parrachee S face):

Great spring snow on the descent:

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy