Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Wish List

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any first run of the holiday. 3 most recent were

Chapelet - Courchevel 1650
Golf - Aime 2000, La Plagne
Tetras- La Rosiere

The thrill getting to the bottom of your first run after a year off skis is far greater than any of the namby pamby stuff posted above
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
flicksta, "Serious" - quite!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT wrote:
I don't think I could go all that way and not do it, but hey, its the beer talking..!!

I thought that, looked at it from the bottom and thought it wasn't so bad, looked at it from the top and decided 'No way' very quickly!!

It is condition dependant though, and a big dump of snow would have made it alot more appealing.

Quote:
If I went to Jackson I'm pretty sure I would do it even if it meant a scramble down off the lip. At worst I'd backside it just enough to not catch my skis and flip out @rse over tit.

Watched an American trying to sidestep down into it. It all went wrong when he got about 4 ft down and one of his skis came off. His friends held onto his arms while he kicked the other one off and then jumped in. I dont know if that counts as 'doing' Corbetts couloir. Puzzled If you are interested there are some even sketchier ones just of to the side of it Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave J wrote:
looked at it from the bottom and thought it wasn't so bad, looked at it from the top and decided 'No way' very quickly!!

Yeah, I suspect that would be my reaction.

Quote:
Watched an American trying to sidestep down into it. It all went wrong when he got about 4 ft down and one of his skis came off. His friends held onto his arms while he kicked the other one off and then jumped in. I dont know if that counts as 'doing' Corbetts couloir. Puzzled

Excellent! Did anyone catch it on a camcorder?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Could well be, but its just the thought of going all that way and not being able to do it. But from here, 1000's of miles away, I'm 90% sure of doing it...Ha..!!!

But without seeing it in real life - a friend has and didn't do it - I'm pretty sure we have been down worse
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Without having seen it, I am going to stick my neck out and suggest that so many people have, that it can't be as bad as its reputation. Little generally is...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman,

I quite agree, the first run of the hol' should not be taken at all lightly...
We did this on our first trip to the US and said to take it easy on the very first run....!!
It didn't go to plan and we went too mad...so much so that my friend cartwheeled for ages and ended up dazed in a heap whereby an american skied by, sprayed him with snow and shouted,

"Man, you suck..!!"

Charming..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, looking at the video and the picture of the whole route i got the feeling that they didn't ski the whole thing. looks like there is a cliff band which they stopped just below which would require an abseil if you were to descend the whole length. still, what they did looked pretty exciting!

quite tempted to take a look at it when i'm in the area this january...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, I see I think what you mean. I get the impression that they started below that rock band. A neat descent in any case. I'm also slightly not convinced that the top section looks skiable...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corbet's Couloir

I've just dropped a couple of photos in the media zone that shows just how steep it is under NickW: Jackson Hole 2005. On the day they were having a race across the ski area where people had to climb up it, hence the ladder but it really is useful for giving a sense perspective.

Before the holiday I thought I'd do it and just take the hit if I fell, just to say I'd done it. At the start of the hol., when I had a look at it, I thought . . . maybe . . . however, towards the end of the hol. I had another look and thought . . . maybe not. By then those rocks had appeared and I'd only seen 1 person try it in 10 days (and they fell). If the local skiers weren't doing it and they're very, very good, then I figured I'd be stupid to try.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy