Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Espace Killy- lift pass for beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

We're getting ever more excited about our impending trip to Tignes next month. Smile

As 3 of the party are beginners, or thereabouts, we thought they would be better getting the Tignes local pass, rather than the full EK pass. They would be having lessons that week.

From your experiences, would they be ok with the Tignes pass for their lessons, or is there a reasonable chance that their lessons might take them over towards Val?

Thanks for any advice!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i think the tignes pass will be sufficient especially if you arent confident skiers. if complete beginners may be able to get away without a pass at least the first day or so. perhaps the mob doing the lessons can advise?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are some free beginners lifts in the different areas of Tignes so I would take advice from your ski school on which days a full pass is needed for and which pass to buy. The difference between the two passes is not really a significant amount for EK anyway - biggest saving would be to have no pass for the days the instructor says they're not going to head further up the mountain.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd definitely wait to se what the instructor says - if they are true beginners then they will probably not need a pass for 2 days, after that teach will tell them whether they need a Tignes or EK Pass

I'm sure that jolly nice chap Mr Woodward will be along shortly to offer some professional advice snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There s a great area for beginners galled the Ski Tranquile. It is where I learned in my first week skiing. But I think you need the full EK pass to use it from Tignes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would ask the ski school - beforehand. They'll be expected to turn up with adequate passes, I should think, rather than turn up on the first morning then ask. There might be "points passes" which would suit, but only the ski school concerned can give definitive advice. I wouldn't have thought complete beginners would get anywhere near Val D'Isere - certainly no need for them to.

In some places even beginners need passes of some kind.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The gents in the group have the EK passes, so I guess we could swap with the ladies if needs be for the ski lessons if they might go further afield.

There is plenty to keep us amused around Tignes (he says thinking about vallon de la sache for instance...) Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MrSteve wrote:
The gents in the group have the EK passes, so I guess we could swap with the ladies if needs be

Don't you want to ski with the ladies Puzzled Puzzled

If the ladies are anything but absolute beginners i would suggest a EK pass. The additional cost is minimal and the tranquil areas between Tignes & Val D are well worth a visit for beginners and experts alike.

Quote:
I'm sure that jolly nice chap Mr Woodward will be along shortly to offer some professional advice
Remind me to buy you a beer next time you are in the Alpaka wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My first week skiing was in Val d'isere and I felt I made good use of the EK pass, even in lessons we switched between the two quite regularly. The area on top of Solaise is really nice for beginners as well
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Speaking as someone whose first ever venture onto skis was in Tignes....

If they are complete beginners there will be no need for a pass for at least the first two or three days. However the "thereabouts" in the OP suggests that maybe they are not quite at the very beginning of the journey. In that case the Tranquil Valley referred to above might well be the venue for classes and they would need the EK pass.

Pam W is exactly right though (as so often). Just ask the ski school.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward,
Quote:

Remind me to buy you a beer next time you are in the Alpaka

You are on! Though I might track you down in Yorkshire - don't think I can crack a reappearance this season. Did you find the tea leaf that alf inched rorie's skis - you could always handcuff him to a certain member of the Tignes community!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Apparently the Espace Killy opens on the 1st of December (conditions depending) does anyone know what the lift ticket prices are for this time of the year? I saw the figure of 130 euros for the week on only 1 no. website? What are the day rates? http://www.yseski.co.uk/home/val-d-is-re/ski-pass-and-discounts.php#EarlySeason Anymore info would be appreciated.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tignes.co.uk has the prices here
http://www.tignes.co.uk/lift-pass.htm
A lot quicker than accessing the official site.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chocksaway, Appreciate it. Thanks for the answer. J
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy