Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone hired a car from Grenoble Airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've read the info on the sticky thread and someone has said about a place to refuel when returning the hire car.

It says it's near a Mcdonalds as you turn right out of the airport, is this likely to be spotted/open when we're returning at about 7am on a Sat? Will be travelling from the direction of Grenoble itself.

Also, I was having a look on Google streetview and couldn't see any signs for 'Car hire return' etc, will it be fairly easy to find? Puzzled

Not sure if it will be daylight at that time?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

will it be fairly easy to find?

the airport is very small - shouldn't be a problem.

Petrol stations in France are often unmanned out of mainstream hours but you can use a credit card - British ones used not to work, but nowadays, with chip and pin, it's easier. You no longer have to find a friendly frenchman and pay him cash money to use his card. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dead easy. You should be able to spot it as you leave the airport on day 1.

Look for the big supermarket (?Super U) as you approach the final roundabout into the airport. Coming from Grenoble instead of turning right into the airport go left at the roundabout and you can't miss. It may not be manned so make sure you've got a credit card.

The queues at hire car pick-up can be quite bad so it might be an idea to steal a march on everyone else by having one of your party pick up your luggage while you go to the hire car offices across the road from the terminal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If your flying with Easyjet I would recommend to prebook with them - they are partnered with Europcar. Just used them very fast and efficient service with free snow chains thrown in.

Refuel approx 400m from airport as already stated.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Dead easy. You should be able to spot it as you leave the airport on day 1.

Look for the big supermarket (?Super U) as you approach the final roundabout into the airport. Coming from Grenoble instead of turning right into the airport go left at the roundabout and you can't miss. It may not be manned so make sure you've got a credit card.

The queues at hire car pick-up can be quite bad so it might be an idea to steal a march on everyone else by having one of your party pick up your luggage while you go to the hire car offices across the road from the terminal.

al.p has nailed it. It was cheaper than anywhere else we passed on the road. I'm pretty sure it's not manned if I remember correctly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DidierCouch, TangoFiver,

It's both. ie manned ( normally womanned (?) actually) during shop hours, self serve lanes open outside that.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers for the replies everyone, think I should be able to find it now Very Happy

al.p wrote:

Good thinking, sounds like a plan!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy