Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Kitzbühel - Kirchberg - SkiWelt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
since I'm spending a week in the area (from 25/02 to 03/03, sleeping in Kirchberg) I'll be posting a few snow and weather updates.

Today, Sunday 26 February, it's been snowing quite a lot (mixed with rain in town). Forecasts said it would snow yesterday and just be cloudy today, but little by little the snow built up until this afternoon I had to stop skiing early (around 3pm). As I'm writing there's a couple of centimeters of fresh snow on the ground in Kirchberg; looks a bit wet here, but probably not on top Wink

There were not many people on the slopes, except for some crowded patches here and there (especially around Kitz). I explored all the closer areas (Pengelstein, Steinberg-kogel, Ehrenbach-hoehe, Hahnenkamm...) and found the slopes quite nice, interesting curves, lots of trees. It was cloudy, with low visibility over 1700-1800, but honestly I think the people who got scared and stayed at home really missed something. Below that altitude the visibility was quite good, and the snow good to great. I found it mostly icy at the bottom, but there was enough powder on top to allow for good grip. In the afternoon it got icier (a bit dangerously at the end, that's also why I stopped) and slushy on top, especially down below of course. During the whole day it was not too cold, ideal temperature I'd say, with a few gusts of wind here and there.

All in all I'd say this seems like a great week to be here. Not that the area needed any more snow, but today's has surely been welcome.
If the weather gets better from tomorrow, as forecasts suggest, it will be amazing Smile

I'll post more updates in the coming days, ciao!
tipsology.net
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great timing! We're heading out next Saturday so will be enjoying your updates. Have fun in what sounds like great conditions!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Peter, glad to know you're coming... The place is so nice, really, can't wait to explore all of it and the SkiWelt area.

The snow conditions are indeed amazing for this time of year. Just hope it doesn't get icier.
When you arrive I'll actually be moving to Saalbach for a second week...
Trying to make the most of this gorgeous season - just in case the world does end in December Wink

Let me know if you need any tips,
ciao!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We are arriving in soll on Thursday morning for 5 days, so please keep these reports coming. Many thanks for the above reports so far, they are really informative. Hope the temperatures stay low but I don't think they will
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks a lot. Keep us up to date with how you get on with the exploring and if you have any recommendations. Its going to be a long week at work!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey there, I've realized there's a more proper thread to post these updates to!

It's "Austria Snow Report 2011/2012".... so I've posted today's update over there and I'll stop posting to this thread.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=78100&start=480

ciao Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy