Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Tignes - Quick Question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The UCPA states that it is for people up to 39 years old, is this just a guide or is it enforced?

If someone was for example 45 years old would that pose much of a problem?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
From having been there in January, it didn't look like being 45 would be a problem
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi mollynmeg, generally the rule is fairly well stuck to unless you are an returning customer (and therefore know what you are going to experience on a UCPA holiday), however, if you give Action-Outdoors a call to ask if it is ok to book, they will be able to square it with the centre up front so you will have no worries. Use SP2010 for a £10 discount on your booking too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mollynmeg, I get the impression that it's the image they want to promote but from other posts on here it's not enforced. Go for it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, I have stayed there before so I know what it's all about, I'll check with Action Outdoors if/when I book.

Merci
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't bother checking with AO, just lie on the online booking form, there were no checks made on our group of 6 in January and only one of us was sub 40 the rest were 45+. just don't leave your passport as deposit at ucpa, use cash or CC. There were a number of guests clearly older than us.
PS the offpiste week we had in Val T in jan was fantastic!!!! thanks to Julienne, our nutter of an instructor / guide
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Don't bother checking with AO, just lie on the online booking form

Not sure that really fits with the ethos of the holiday rolling eyes

mollynmeg, apparently mostly they are fine with taking someone a bit older, especially in one of the less busy centres like Flaine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The guideline is there for two reasons IIRC:

1. The original state sponsored UCPA was specifically set up to encourage young adults (i.e. 18-40) to take up outdoor sports (they are independent not for profit organisation now, so that is less important)

2. A UCPA holiday is not everybody's cup of tea and unless you have been before and / or know exactly what to expect from the centres (standard of accommodation; food; communal living etc) they have found that guests over the core age range tend to have a less enjoyable experience and make more complaints (well we do get more demanding and set in our ways as we get older I guess!). UCPA want people to get the most out of the experience and have found that those in the core age range tend to do so. Simples.

That said, every centre has a hardcore of repeat visitors, some that have now introduced the next two generations of their families to UCPA and the centres welcome them back every year with open arms. They will also be more accommodating in their quieter weeks / quieter centres.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy