Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen ski hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning a trip to Wengen in a couple of weeks time, and just looking for some tips on ski hire. I tend to spend as much time off-piste as on these days and have taken to hiring wider all mountain skis where I can get hold of them (hired some wonderful Scott Crusades with an 89mm waist in Gressoney recently). I can get 20% discount on ski hire from Molitor as a Ski Club of Great Britain member, but am willing to go elsewhere if the selection is likely to be better (I have no reason to assume it will, though, as I have no knowledge of the shops there). For those who know the place well, where would you go if you wanted to hire something of the kind I'm talking about? Is Molitor any good?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, Molitor is fine - good skis and very helpful - though probably has less choice than Central Sports by the Mannlichen Cable Car station.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So they look after their skis well? Good sharp edges, etc?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
J2R, Yes
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
J2R, all the ski hire shops in Wengen are well equipped and have a good maintenance procedure, as beeorchid, says Central sport probably has the largest range of hire equipment but Molitor still has plenty of kit, Central is probably bigger because just about all the tour companies send their punters there

Karl Molitor who's parents set up the shop was an Olympic Medal winner in the 1948 Winter games as for that matter was his wife, Karl also went on to design revolutionary Ski Boots and bindings (he was the first person to design ski boots with buckles as opposed to laces, his leather boots were at the time reckoned to be the very best ski boots money could buy, of course they were completely hand made and custom fitted to the wearer so they probably should have been, especially as in those days they were about twice the price of a good pair of skis. The shop is still run by the family and Karl is still alive (though into his 90's)

Despite the fact that I tend to use Central Sport I'd have no hesitation in saying that Molitor is probably just as good and if you get a discount there then go ahead and use them
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, I'll give Molitor a go. Swiss prices are already so high, every little counts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy