Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva airport to Courmayeur

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I can considering maybe going to start my holiday late and have seen a reasonably priced one way BA flight from Glasgow via Heathrow to Geneva; flight gets in at 14.30.

How do I get from Geneva airport to Courmayeur?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you not heard of Google?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cad99uk wrote:
Have you not heard of Google?

Yes, I have, but experts are on here.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, I have answered this on your other thread. You really do seem to be a bit trigger happy with the thread starting function... Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got it sussed. cham express bus from Geneva airport to Chamonix, then Sat bus from Chamonix to Courmayeur. This is a big adventure for me.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jb1970 wrote:
This is a big adventure for me.

And we can't wait to hear about it! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can get a bus from Geneva airport at 16.30 which gets me in at 19.15; for some reason the website is not letting me book it. I've e-mailed them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jb1970, Bus to Chamonix, Cable Car up Aguile du Midi. Ski down the other side of Mont Blanc to Courmayuer (be careful of the arete it can get very slippy and narrow) avoid those silly and expensive tolls at the tunnel. Job's a good 'un Madeye-Smiley . Stop at Bar Roma for your tea before a nice early night Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:
jb1970, Bus to Chamonix, Cable Car up Aguile du Midi. Ski down the other side of Mont Blanc to Courmayuer (be careful of the arete it can get very slippy and narrow) avoid those silly and expensive tolls at the tunnel. Job's a good 'un Madeye-Smiley . Stop at Bar Roma for your tea before a nice early night Toofy Grin

A bit difficult when just off a flight with luggage but thanks anyway!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sledge?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
halfhand wrote:
Sledge?

How's that!!?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rent a car
But
French or Swiss side?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'd rent a car, given you only have a short time. It's expensive because the tunnel costs a bomb for a single trip (make sure you buy a return ticket) but will get you there a lot cheaper. Once you're through the tunnel, it's a very short hop down to Courmayeur.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, Not out sir ! Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, Pm me if you get stuck.
snow report
I've been trying to book the bus from Geneva airport to Courmayeur but website won't let me do it. I need to see how much it costs, so i can weigh up flight costs and transport costs. Crystal rep phoned me on mobile this morning and she is very very helpful. I have just tried to phone the bus company too but nobody there!
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Brilliant! Laughing Especially the stop at Bar Roma...
snow report
Both the sat offices in cham were closed this afternoon when I checked, but they had your transfer on the timetable. I guess you will need to phone them tomorrow.
snow report
The tunnel timetable here

http://www.chamonix.com/road-conditions,10,en.html

If you click on Monday it says that there will be alternate one way traffic from 22.00 on both Monday and Tuesday nights, while not good news it does mean it will be open if not subject to delay. You might want to check with the rep that the return of your ticket is ok they will sometimes cancel automatically the return part of a flight if the outward journey is not made.
ski holidays
jbob wrote:
The tunnel timetable here

http://www.chamonix.com/road-conditions,10,en.html

If you click on Monday it says that there will be alternate one way traffic from 22.00 on both Monday and Tuesday nights, while not good news it does mean it will be open if not subject to delay. You might want to check with the rep that the return of your ticket is ok they will sometimes cancel automatically the return part of a flight if the outward journey is not made.

I have checked with the rep and the return part is ok. If I was to go on Tuesday, this is how I would do it:

Bus from Glasgow to Manchester airport, leaving Glasgow at 22.30hrs.
Easyjet from Manchester to Geneva, arriving at 10.40hrs
Bus from Geneva airport to Chamonix at 11.45hrs into Courmayeur at 16.00hrs - the only thing that worries me about this is that i am unable to book the bus from Geneva online as the website is having problems, and it does state that booking is essential.
snow conditions
Quote:

the only thing that worries me about this is that i am unable to book the bus from Geneva online as the website is having problems, and it does state that booking is essential

I wouldn't worry too much about that - it's mid week. Telephone them tomorrow.

Are you staying the night in Manchester on Tuesday?
latest report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

the only thing that worries me about this is that i am unable to book the bus from Geneva online as the website is having problems, and it does state that booking is essential

I wouldn't worry too much about that - it's mid week. Telephone them tomorrow.

Are you staying the night in Manchester on Tuesday?

No, if I was going to do it (need to decide as it would be straight after the funeral which is tomorrow) I would get the bus from Glasgow tomorrow night, be in Courmayeur on Tuesday afternoon.
snow report
jb1970, There are lots of options for geneva to cham especially arriving so early, selection here

http://www.chamonet.com/travel/transfers.html

Alpy bus, cham express and mountain drop offs all seem reasonably reliable, all of which will book online. Then the next SAT to Courmayeur. They run at 14.00, 15.30, 18.30, and midnight. Worst case scenario, over night in cham in cheap hostal, and early bus to cour.

Good luck with the adventure.
snow conditions
Quote:

Puzzled those timings suggest being in Manchester overnight
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Puzzled those timings suggest being in Manchester overnight

Bus leaves Glasgow at 2300 and gets into Manchester airport at 0415.
latest report
jb1970, ah! of course! I'd forgotten what a long way it is. A few tedious hours dozing uncomfortably at manchester airport. Still, should be good when you get there. snowHead
latest report
Here's a few tips on where to get a bit of kip:

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/list.asp?pagen=1&region=1&country=United+Kingdom&prov=England&city=Manchester&terminal=International
snow conditions
Sounds like a right old faff to me. Can't you fly Edinburgh to Milan and get a bus from there?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name wrote:
Sounds like a right old faff to me. Can't you fly Edinburgh to Milan and get a bus from there?

Yes but flight from Edinburgh gets into Milan Malpensa at 17.35 - too late for connecting bus to Courmayeur.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy