Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

skiboard/snowblade question...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
headless, I tried a pair for the first time this season, just for a couple of hours. Some advantages over skis, easy to skate, turn, sit down just off piste and get back up again. But errr, I kind of needed to sometimes sit down for a break as I found them a lot more work on my knees and more tiring, though that could have been because I really wasn't edging them enough and was struggling with the inside one vibrating/wobbling on turns. More practice may have overcome that.
I suspect they could be well used to work on certain aspects of technique, and shouldn't attract the derision that they do on here, but I don't think I could hack a full week on them!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mike,

yeah...that's to be expected...and most who comment have never tried them. It's like when snowboarding became big and all the skiers went nuts over that. Well, too bad...don't knock something until you try it...who knows...I might love them and never go back to skis...or, I might be on my butt all day and throw them away and strap my tornadoes on for good...

We'll know soon enough...

Thank you for your honest and kind insight...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oldmike wrote:
As a bit of fun to complement skiing just go for it Smile

+1 Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
headless wrote:
mike,

yeah...that's to be expected...and most who comment have never tried them. It's like when snowboarding became big and all the skiers went nuts over that. Well, too bad...don't knock something until you try it...who knows...I might love them and never go back to skis...or, I might be on my butt all day and throw them away and strap my tornadoes on for good...

We'll know soon enough...

Thank you for your honest and kind insight...

For the record, I have tried them a couple of times, once as a stupid teenager (lasted a couple of hours), and once for an afternoon during instructor training. They are kinda fun in a way - they just feel so utterly ridiculous you end up doing/trying ridiculous stuff, trying to 360 a drop into powder was pretty funny (for everyone watching, at least)! It's like entering Jackass mode or something. But at the end of the day, they are just so limiting.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
headless wrote:
yeah...that's to be expected...and most who comment have never tried them. It's like when snowboarding became big and all the skiers went nuts over that. Well, too bad...don't knock something until you try
I'll repeat what I've just what I've just written on the other snowblade thread:

I have a pair of blades, I've skied on them a fair amount, I often ski in a resort where there is a large number of skiers who use them, and as a ski instructor I have a reasonably good eye for looking at the technique that skiers do or don't use. I believe my skepticism is well founded. That's not to say that everyone who skis on blades is, or becomes, a bad skier, so I hope you have fun, stay safe and find the magic solution to your technical problems that you are so keen to address.

You've come on the forum to ask for advice and opinion, and all you've done is call those people who have disagreed with you skeptics and berate them for not being open-minded, and be grateful to those posters who have agreed with you for their wisdom. Have to say it seems as if you're looking for a ski v. blade fight rather than a genuine attempt to discuss their use with other people.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy