Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arlberg region 24th March - family budget accomodation suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all

After skiing France for the last 15 years i'm looking for a last minute Austrian adventure for my family (3,8,9 and wife) from March 24th and have heard that the Arlberg region is a safe bet.

Please can somebody with knowledge and experience guide my choices - ive sorted the flights to Innsbruck and have heard that there is a fast train directly linked through.

We are looking for a good solid 3 star hotel or bed and breakfast, any recommendations appreciated.

Yours in snow,

Skiaskidoo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Either base yourself in Nasserein end of town - where the nursery slopes are OR base yourself in Stuben - good ski school, quiet slopes and cheaper accomodation than equivelant properties in St Anton. The Hotel Post should tick your boxes in Stuben. Please be aware though that Stuben is very quiet, but this may suit you??? The Hotel Post was busy at nights when we were there (although we stayed in the Hotel Hubertushof) http://www.hotelpost.com/stuben-arlberg/Article/ID/110/Session/1-dXUVK3Hf-1-IP/Holidays_at_Arlberg.htm There's also a few gasthofs and b&b's you could choose from too http://stuben.com/Home.3.0.html?&L=1 You would get the train to Langen from Innsbruck - next stop after St Anton
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skiaskidoo, forgot to add that if money not really a concern then base yourself in Oberlech - without a doubt it's the best base for a family of your agegroup.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
much appreciated, ive made enquiries at both.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This might help .....
http://www.booking.com/region/at/st-anton.html?aid=324797;label=st-anton-f50HLrKllUjW7drbGF53EwS9915593176;sid=5ab5f59b1abc1dbc7adecb1ded16c7ad;dcid=4;inac=0&lang=en-gb

St Anton excels in difficult terrain esp. offpiste but it's not cheap. If you are not looking for that there are many other resorts around Innsbruck that could suit your needs for a much lower cost.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you said in the other (snow reports) thread that you are beginners (also the age of your kids makes this obvious). I agree with DB that St Anton is not a good place for beginners. Lech offers much easier terrain but is expensive. If you want to try some other resort around Innsbruck then I nominate Seefeld (I learnt to ski there about 40 years ago). There is a thread here about a week ago where someone asked about Seefeld and got quite a few replies.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kappl is a better base for a family holiday than say stuben or st Anton. Great nursery mid mountain for your youngest. Highly recommend it
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy