Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saint Anton? Accommodation, day trips, etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Sitter, Could be talking about Madlochbahn, sometimes a 5 minute queue here at peak times, but thats because they make this slow to ensure that the run down to Zug isnt too busy I think.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's annoying! SA was forecast 25cm dump on Thurs and now it has disappeared. Nooooooooooooooooo
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sitter wrote:
Zug to Lech chair has a queue? Can't say I've ever come across one (4 Winters in the Arlberg), depends on what time you venture out to do the Weiss Ring I guess.

I've never seen a queue at the Zugerbergbahn in many years, and would suggest anyone wanting to do the Weisse Ring starts at Zurs and head up the madloch 2 man rickety chair lift and ski 33 into Zug. Prolly going to be still some "squeaky" snow up there even now. Don't forget to stop off for some liquid refreshment at the bar at the top of the Zugerberg. BUT to start with I'd suggest a couple of runs on Trittkopf, early in the day these should be well worth doing, and runs 6/7/7A usually hold the snow colder and longer.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
theskibob, Did the White Ring last Thursday, great day, no crowds and snow fantastic. The north facing runs up around Trittkopf in the afternoon were in great shape. An early blast down Muggengrat and then up to Madloch on the 2 man, then down to Zug..........never saw a queue all day. Fantastic day.

Grizwald - The ski guided day we had was the best day of ther week, he found us spring snow all day up to 4pm, just fantastic, expensive but worth every €! Maroi, HGinterer Rendl, Rossfall, Shimmelegg all in great condition still. New snow Friday morning and Kapall/ Schindlerkar and main Schindler/ Rauz run all with 3-4" new poweder on was superb too. Best week I've had late season for many years.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Markymark29 wrote:
theskibob, Did the White Ring last Thursday, great day, no crowds and snow fantastic. The north facing runs up around Trittkopf in the afternoon were in great shape. An early blast down Muggengrat and then up to Madloch on the 2 man, then down to Zug..........never saw a queue all day. Fantastic day.

*rages and fumes with jealousy!!!!!!!!!!!*

I'm sooooooooooo tempted to fly or drive out to Lech/St Anton or Stuben next week. After the Easter crowds have gone, and in time for the sale at Strolz! Got a friend (Old ski-bum/BASI 2) who's going out there sort of the same time and needs a ski-buddy to get the best out of Stuben and Zurs' pistes and OP.
*dusts off the Visa Credit Card*
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
theskibob, Do it.......all the sales havent started yet, Jennwein etc have sale starting at end of Easter, more importantly its cooler now than last week apparently (our friend from Munich has just gone back out its so good) and snow expected end of this week apparently! Suggest if you are looking for great snow you get in touch with Torben (the guide I mentioned on other St Anton related post, PM me if you want his details) he'll take you to some great places, never skid on such good off-piste this time of year befor the spring snow is just fantastic at the moment, picnics for lunch, long days, couldnt be in better nick out there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Markymark29, can you PM me Torbens contact info please?

I leave on Friday for a week with the family, how's the off piste around Stuben? The big face back down to the village had ava'd down to bare earth this time last year so we didn't really do much/any OP, looking for a bit more this year!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski, Will do, this evening. Theres loads of options, Stuben is great by the way, that face is in good condition also.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Is the ski rental all the same price in SA or are there some recommended places near Nasserein end?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
GordonFreeman, Universallhy the same, Intersport and Sport 2000 are the ones I can remember seeing in Nasserein.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What are some of the quieter blue runs in sa and surrounding areas?
I'm fine on most stuff but need some uncrowded runs for the missus.
Also as much as I'm fine on crowded runs, I also find it annoying to deal with those that are going at speed out of control.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
GordonFreeman, Rendl, zurs and Stuben have the quietest pistes. Cracking blue piste at top of Seekopf in Zurs
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman wrote:
Is this a realistic review of the place:
"My biggest problem with St Anton, though, is that the place feels relatively run down when compared to Lech and Ischgl, yet equally as expensive for in village eating and drinking and almost as expensive for lodging. Whilst the apres-ski at the Mooserwirt and the Krazy Kangeruh is legendary, it is spoilt by overcrowding and more worryingly by British lager louts running around totally trashed, half naked, covered in blood from falling over and fighting and looking for more trouble at 4.30 in the afternoon. Frankly they would be better off in Blackpool or Benidorm. Back in town the apres-ski is very English to the point you could be in any club in any town back home. "

Doesn't sound that good.

I've seen it described as a "c o c k fest" and a building site on snow with men whistling and leering at the few ladies about.
Sounds like a night out in a small town in the UK Smile

100% endorse all of the above.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Markymark29 wrote:
theskibob, Do it.......all the sales havent started yet, Jennwein etc have sale starting at end of Easter, more importantly its cooler now than last week apparently (our friend from Munich has just gone back out its so good) and snow expected end of this week apparently! Suggest if you are looking for great snow you get in touch with Torben (the guide I mentioned on other St Anton related post, PM me if you want his details) he'll take you to some great places, never skid on such good off-piste this time of year befor the spring snow is just fantastic at the moment, picnics for lunch, long days, couldnt be in better nick out there.

Just booked to go to St Anton this weekend!! snowHead

Staying in St A, but most prolly get across to Zurs asap in the mornings. Some precipitation (small amount) precedes a light fall of snow on Sat/Sun with clear skies forecast, just in time to freshen pistes but not enough for better OP. May take the fatty skis, I'm not too sure, as I expect slush-puppy on lower slopes.

Ohhhhhhhhhh....................... I can't wait to get my lips/teeth around a plate of Spare Ribs at the Hospitz Alm restaurant, swilled down with copious vodka fieges!! Heaven!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well...in the end Saturday was a white out and Sunday marginally better but at least there wa sfresh powder.
Whilst the skiing was good, due to Easter it seemed like there were mainly families in the resort so it wasn't exactly big on apres ski!
Also, as nice as the village is, it seems pretty hard to find any decent food around, the only busy places were the pizza place, run by Aussies or English, and the tapas place - hardly authentic Austrian Wink
latest report
Still, beer was cheaper than France.
ski holidays
GordonFreeman, If you visit again you might want to have a look at

http://www.seitenblick.co.at/

It's cunningly hidden right in front of Galzigbahn.

For a smarter option (and you could look at Post or Adler as well).

http://www.montjola.com/en/winter/gastronomie/montjola.php
snow report
Smarter still takes you to

http://www.brunnenhof.net/english/dining.html

Or

http://www.museum-restaurant.at/

Incidentally Bar Cuba was very busy Saturday around 10pm (and young women were in the majority). Heustadl was bouncing for après on Sunday as was the Underground and Picadilly. So you must have been a little unlucky on your après hunt.
snow conditions
GordonFreeman wrote:
hardly authentic Austrian Wink

You need to go to Hotel Stubes (Alte Post, Post, St Antonhof plus others) there not expensive as you may think, the food is fantastic & your get decent service.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy