Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My goggles restrict my breathing

Poster: A snowHead
As the title says really. They're Cebe and its only very slightly.

Is it one of them things or is it just different makes and models of goggles?

Has anyone had the same problem, if so, how was it sorted?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You are wearing them over your eyes, right?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I took some scissors to my Scott goggles and trimmed some of the foam so that they fit me better. It made a big difference.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try different goggles! all depends on the shape of your hooter!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TangoFiver, i have problems with goggles squeezing my nose and restricting my breathing. I go to some effort when selecting goggles to find ones that don't often its down to the density of the foam. I also find that its worse when wearing a helmet.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Duke wrote:
I took some scissors to my Scott goggles and trimmed some of the foam so that they fit me better. It made a big difference.

+1, albeit mine were Lidl specials Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If your going to get some others anyway worth a little localised heating on the bridge to stretch the plastic a bit. Warning may result in melted goggles, house fire or severe facial scarring.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This has got to be (one of the ) oddest threads ever ??? Do you breathe from your ears or eyes or something ???

Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I tried on about 15 pairs of goggles until I found one that didn't pinch my nose. Trial and error - there will be a style that suits.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I find goggles press down on my nose/cheeks and cause my sinuses to sort of... get upset... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Basically my nose streams a teeny bit and/or I get "snuffly"...

I think if you get goggles with the supports on the outer edges (i.e. those designed for use with helmets) the problem is alleviated, so I'm planning to "upgrade" to a set of goggles with the extra arms in the future.

For now I just use sun glasses where I can, and/or lump it when I have to use goggles for visibility instead of glasses. No biggee, but definitely a confirmed irk.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I tried on about 15 pairs of goggles until I found one that didn't pinch my nose.

Yes, you need to try them on, and be patient. It's no use buying them because they look cool in the catalogue. And if you're a helmet wearer that's another complication - essential to try them on together.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Look for Oakley Splice. They're designed to avoid this.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You could counteract it by wearing one of those snoring strips.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
or having a less fat nose
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TangoFiver wrote:

I always have that problem, I've learned to ignore it and breath through my mouth wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Yes, you need to try them on, and be patient. It's no use buying them because they look cool in the catalogue. And if you're a helmet wearer that's another complication - essential to try them on together.

Yup, I actually gave up in fustration at not being able to find a pair that fitted my (quite normal looking!) nose and also with my helmet. TSA/EllisB didn't have anything that worked. Luckily saw a pair of airbrakes in anoteher shop and they were absolutly lovely. No nose minching and no gap with the helmet. One of the best investments I've made in ski kit.
ski holidays
kat.ryb wrote:

Yup, I actually gave up in fustration at not being able to find a pair that fitted my (quite normal looking!) nose and also with my helmet. TSA/EllisB didn't have anything that worked. Luckily saw a pair of airbrakes in anoteher shop and they were absolutly lovely. No nose minching and no gap with the helmet. One of the best investments I've made in ski kit.

Hmm I'm gonna need more "goggle days" (triggers; it snowing hard, raining hard or being bloomin freeeezing), under my belt before I fork out £150+ to replace my existing Oakley goggles. But, good to know it worked for you... I would probably pay £100ish for total nasal freedom (TNF) but £150 is ouchy. Airbrake are sexy though...
snow report
JaMMi, ha ha Airbrakes were £220 when I got them! As it happens it was snowing very hard all week pretty much in ADH so I was glad of them. Then I went to scotland and it rained all weekend and again I was glad! And hopefully in March it will be sunny all week and I will be glad of the other lens. Very Happy
latest report
+1 for the Oakley Splice. Fantastic pair of goggles - but you will only really know by trying on a couple of different pairs. Use them with my Giro Seam helmet - great combination. I got mine for £30 because they're pink! Be sure to shop around.
snow conditions
Tintin wrote:
+1 for the Oakley Splice. Fantastic pair of goggles - but you will only really know by trying on a couple of different pairs. Use them with my Giro Seam helmet - great combination. I got mine for £30 because they're pink! Be sure to shop around.

Yeah I was gonna say I don't really want to pay £70+ for them, I just 'oakley splice' into google shopping and that seems to be the best price Sad

Where did you get your tasty pink ones from if you don't mind me asking?

Ta!

Joe Smile
latest report
Hi Joe - I got them from an eBay shop selling off old stock, which isn't really much help I'm afraid. Its worth mentioning they don't have the more expensive fire iridium lens. If you can get hold of a cheap(ish) pair and are particularly bothered by the frame colour it is possible to dye the frame using conventional clothes dye. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
snow report
Also worth mentioning I have used them for 14 weeks in total and they still have loads of life left in them and I haven't been particularly careful about looking after them. Its a decent initial outlay for a pair of goggles, but you should get years of use out of them. I have the pink lenses and they have been great skiing from low light in Canada to bright Italian sunshine. I think if you pick the lens right theres no need to ski with multiple lenses, and I don't carry sunglasses anymore either.
snow conditions
I see now how goggles can restrict your breathing; it would take my breath clean away to pay £220. Shocked
ski holidays
Well I went into a few shops in Keswick yesterday and tried on a load of different goggles, and ended up in the Cotswold shop. Tried all of theirs on and it wasn't until I got to the last pair that I found some that fit. They fit perfectly and don't restrict my breathing - result! Very Happy

They're 'Smith Scope Graphic' and were reduced from £60 to £40 as they were end-of-line. The bloke who worked there said they're stopping stocking Smith and are mainly going to stock Oakley and Bloc/Bolle (can't remember which!)

Thanks for the help & advice Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy