Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone Caught Up In The Chaos At Amsterdam Schipol On The 4th Feb With KLM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know quite a few Snowheads who had been on the Birthday Bash including Barry who I was talking to on the return were. Myself I was delayed 11 hours, 7 of which were spent in the longest queue since bread rationong was commonplace in the old Soviet Union.

I received a €50 voucher at the desk and a further €25 on my return at Liverpool because they managed to lose my luggage. Anyway given the complete mis-management of the whole situation I still felt a factual letter of events to KLM was required (if only to get it off my chest). This morning I have received an email offering me a £100 travel voucher.

So if you was caught up in this, and you will know what I am talking about if you were it is worth sending a letter in.

I now have enough vouchers for a return to Venice, looks like a good excuse for joining next years BB, not like i need one. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes I also had the pleasure of a very nervous day of hoping that I would get to Venice on time. 6am flight from Glasgow was cancelled had to wait in a que for over 3 hours and was offered BA flight via Gatwick which would get in at 8 pm so not much use or later KLM flights which providing I made the connection in Amsterdam would get me in for 5.45. Flight was delayed but I did make the Venice flight by sprinting through the airport, fortunately my luggage also made the flight. A stressful day but at least I made to the resort in time (ish) and with a change of underwear unlike some, so can't complain too much.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What happened?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was this weather related chaos?

Doing the Liverpool - Amsterdam - Venice route myself in the not too distant future. I'll be packing out the hand luggage limit with "essentials"...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scarlet wrote:
Was this weather related chaos?

Doing the Liverpool - Amsterdam - Venice route myself in the not too distant future. I'll be packing out the hand luggage limit with "essentials"...

Yes but to be honest by the time I got there at about 10:00 it didn't look at all adverse just your typical February morning. So I really do not know what caused the chaos.

What I have worked out however from the various KLM flights I took is that they operate 3 flights a day on both legs of the route, if they can put all passengers from 3 planes onto 2 then that is what they will do and cancel a flight. On my return flight from AMS -LIV I was sat next to a guy who's lunchtime flight had been cancelled for no reason other than simply cancelled.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My brother-in-law doesn't live too far from Schipol. He was in the UK until the 3rd for a funeral, but took the boat back rather than the plane. I know when we called him on the Sunday evening (5th?) he had a foot of snow, and it was -14 .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells, May-be, but when I arrived at Amsterdam at 10:00 on Saturday their was nothing in the way of snow in the immediate vacinity of Schipol airport, yes it was cold but that was about it. It was absolute chaos, I have never known anything like it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy