Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skithe3v.com Catered Chalet Company, Les Menuires 7 Official Thread!!!

Poster: A snowHead
***First of all please do not confuse the above company with other companies of similar names***

I stayed with this company a few weeks back. There were issues whilst we were there but it seems as though things have taken a turn for the worst! The chalet staff were brilliant and made the whole experience worthwhile, but the organisation at the top was a shambles. I am friends with one of the chalet staff who is in the party concerned. This has just been taken off her Facebook page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven chalet hosts have barricaded themselves into their luxury chalet after being dismissed with immediate effect and told that they will not receive any wages.

The company involved, Skithe3V, owned by Mark Ridgers (a former bankrupt and second hand car salesman), pulled the same stunt after the busy Christmas and New Year period when they employed a large group of youngsters before dismissing them without any wages as soon as the busy period was over.

Last week saw the company running 10 chalets and, in an attempt to keep up with demand, they rapidly flew in a large number of youngsters from Britain aged between 18 and 25 to help clean rooms, run the chalets and care for guests, one of whom was Red Dwarf actor Danny John Jules. As soon as clients left to return home to Britain, an email was despatched to all seven chalet hosts informing them of the termination of their contracts with immediate effect and telling them that they were to vacate their accommodation straight away, return all company belongings and ski passes. They were also informed that they would not receive any wages for the three week period worked or travel expenses, leaving the youngsters stranded with no money to either pay for new accommodation or make their way home.

However, unhappy with the situation and after taking advice from the local gendarmerie and Saisonnaires Office, the youngsters decided to move themselves into one of the Skithe3V luxury chalets and barricade themselves in until the company pay them what they are due. The chalet was being run by elder couple David and Hayley Haines who were also sacked without reason but were offered reduced pay. They decided to take up the cause of their younger team members, allowing them to take up residence and informling Mr Ridgers of their intentions to remain at Chalet Georgina until all of them had been paid.

Chalet Georgina is located just outside Les Menuires and has 10 luxury bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities and views of the mountains. Guests are due to arrive at the chalet this weekend for a week long ski break.

Mark Ridgers – who has served a prison sentence for fraud – has threatened the squatters with violence, a visit from the local police and legal action but they are adamant that they will not vacate the property until they have received their wages in full and travel expenses, a figure of 500 euros in total. They are currently setting up a Facebook page called the 'Les Menuires 7' and are already receiving a lot of support from local firms in the ski resort who are owed money by Skithe3V and other saisonnaires.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 23-02-12 17:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dodgy stuff!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit of an update, they are still in the chalet after locking themselves in there overnight!!! It is disgraceful what the company have done to them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well done them for standing up for themselvers. And congratulations to the Haines for doing something too.

There are some real scumbags out there and from this it sounds like Mr Ridgers is one of them.

What these people seem to fail to understand is that in the service business all you have is your reputation. I'd imagine that with posts like this (and presumable similar on tripadvisor) his is now done for.

Maybe he's operating a similar scam to the larger one we've been hearing about. Put the business into administration, layoff the staff, then do a phoenix and resurrect under another name. Eventually it will all catch up with him.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
olderscot, Well said. I'm just amlittle puzzled as to why nobody else is really interested in this story??? I will
Keep updating the situation as and when I hear something!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
crumbs.. not good. I hope they get the money that they are owed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's the latest?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is more on the Jobs Board of the Solutions Room on Chalets Direct - I'd read that before this. The company are still replying to all relevant enquiries on the Solutions Room too
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, Well,their website looks nice,what with a winelist download etc.And,if I read it correctly,there is still avaliability at Chalet Georgina.Might be a tad crowded though wink
All power to the staff for making a stand on this.If they have the local officials on their side,hopefully it will force the management into honouring their responsibilities.Sounds a right scummy outfit...lets hope someone follows them so we know the name of the re-launched company(as that surely is what will happen in the longer term?)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This is appalling. Ideally, the staff need to talk to or get a message to the local mayor, these guys have a lot of power in french towns.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Update. Staff are meeting the owner in public place this afternoon to sort out payment etc.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ricklovesthepowder, hope they dont all leave for the public place as they will not be able to get back in!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrisb wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, hope they dont all leave for the public place as they will not be able to get back in!

I said this to them, they are taking all there stuff along. Still not heard anything after this "meeting" that was scheduled.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I first heard about this on facebook. Here's the link to the page for the Les Menuires 7: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Les-Menuires-7/135799119875601?sk=wall

I'm glad they are taking action to stand up for themselves. It is unlawful for the owner to withhold wages after work has been done. Sounds like the media are starting to get wind of this story according to the facebook page.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
simon_bates, cheers for the facebook page link!!! Hope it makes it to the news!!!
ski holidays
I've sent a link to the Facebook page to the editorial team of Le Dauphine Libere newspaper in Albertville in case they are not aware. It may add a little extra to the cause!
snow report
thank you for the link on FB
snow conditions
marksavoie wrote:
I've sent a link to the Facebook page to the editorial team of Le Dauphine Libere newspaper in Albertville in case they are not aware. It may add a little extra to the cause!

Good idea!!! Spread the word!!! Laughing
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, looks like they did not get very far this afternoon based on the facebook page
ski holidays
chrisb, spoke to one of them an hour ago. Basically the owner wants to sort it our by giving them less than they are owed, they have not accepted. They are in a lovely warm chalet, in the middle of the 3V and go skiing each day as they have no jobs. Could be worse lol!!! All they want is what they are owed, if that offered then they will leave, if not, they will stay. Guests are due into the Chalet on the 2nd March, should be interesting if things are not sorted by then!
snow report
Fully behind them on this one. Looks like they aren't doing too bad for themselves in a comfy chalet. I understand that they are due full payment and hopefully all will be sorted out before the next guests arrive at the chalet. Boss sounds like a class A d*ck.

Surely they have to be careful with using the supplies and drink and facilities of the chalet as it may be deemed that they are accountable for that, regardless of the pay dispute Puzzled
snow report
Bad British management?

Surely not? Laughing
snow conditions
Whitegold, True. If we all lived in America there would have been a shooting by now to sort this out Very Happy
snow conditions
Go to the Facebook page and give moral support! Very Happy
ski holidays
I'm not really sure why they care... 3 weeks pay for a chalet host? That'll be about 50p then Laughing

Of course, it's the principal of the matter etc. etc.
ski holidays
ive added the details from above to the Goneboarding site and the Snowboarding UK Site
snow report
bobmcstuff wrote:
I'm not really sure why they care... 3 weeks pay for a chalet host? That'll be about 50p then Laughing

They've abandoned the staff in the 3Vs without the money to repatriate them...
snow conditions
They gave an interview on BBC Norfolk this morning at 8.15 if anyone is interested. Not sure if you can replay it somehow?

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 23-02-12 11:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
James the Last, Laughing indicates not serious.
ski holidays
This company sounds like another real gem.

Perhaps Skithe3v.com and Ski Link Ltd could form a joint venture in a Mark Ridgers Chris Reynard combo tag-team effort. NehNeh
latest report
UPDATE.

Still refusing to pay what thy are owed and have been threatened with the electricity and Internet to be cut off.
ski holidays
Somehow I missed this before. Good luck to them!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
have been threatened with the Internet to be cut off.

O.. M.. G.. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
^^^^ I wouldn't worry too much about that - it takes French telecom an age to action anything Laughing
snow report
Natives have just picked up on it as well and posted on their FB page
http://www.natives.co.uk/go/news/Sacked-without-pay-and-barricaded-in-a-chalet-mee-.html
snow report
its also on the yodel page

http://www.yodelmagazine.com/power-to-the-seasonaire.html
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, they have just had 2,000 likes on Facebook so they will really start to get noticed very soon.
ski holidays
http://www.courchnet.com/reports/news/chalet-hosts-hold-up-chalet-in-dismissal-dispute.html
snow conditions
good luck to them... someone should email the story to the daily mail... they'd be right on it!
ski holidays

Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy