Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez - good resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been trawling through the brochures and looking for something that is affordable and snowsure..
I've come across this resort which is within our budget (I didn't think France would be)??
I am an intermediate and my son, 14 will be learning to snow board...
Can you tell me whether the resort is nice (shops etc and other things to do)
We are looking at the 3rd week in Feb next year
Also, can I get to the nursery slopes easily to pick my son up from lessons?
I'm looking at the Petit Prince.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think it would suit you well. Resort is compact but not pretty, but it does have a heated outdoor pool (free with your lift pass, I think) and sports hall with climbing wall etc., so things for son to do when he's tired of boarding. Good beginners slopes and easy to get to/from ski/board school. Masses of runs for intermediates. One of my favourite resorts, with something for everyone.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Full of pikeys
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The search bar above is you friend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really liked ADH when we went before Christmas. Quite a lot of varied terrain and all the areas feel nicely linked. I think it woudl be really good for leaarnign to board - the nursry slopes are in the bowl aroudn the resort and are lovely wide, constant gradient greens. Perfect for learning on. The resort has supprisingly few flat bits which are a pain when you're a learner boaarder.

Very easy to get to the nursery slopes - they are in the centre of the resort.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skiing is good, great for learners
town is not terrible. q good facilities but not particularly attractive. great mountain views though
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for your help...I tried the search option but could find nothing on any shops or supermarkets...
I think I'd rather snow sure over pretty booking this far in advance!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had my first week skiing in AdH. Been there a few times in the summer too for cycling/racing holidays.

When we went skiing we stayed at the Petit Prince. We thought it was fine, food was very good quality, but there wasn't too much of it (think the chef at the time was into nouvelle cuisine!). It's run by a Swedish company called Langley, most staff were Swedish, and I think the guest split was 50/50 Brits + Swedes. We had a great time, even took part in the Swedish quiz night (with translation from other guests).

Lots of shops, ice skating, swimming, and all the usual activities you'd expect.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy