Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Avalanche Risk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I saw an earlier thread re-Ischgl avalanche risk but having returned to 'Snowheads' site could not find it so I have had to start under NEW subject.
I have just returned from a week's skiiing from Ishgl which was excellent although avalanche risk has been playing on everyone's mind.
The avalanche risk over the last 4 days has been 4-5 i.e high or max risk given recent snow fall and rise in temp. The 'on-piste' death of the swedish man (7a piste) was clearly unusual and off piste should not be attempted unless with local guide. Since the death a group of 5 skiers went off piste and got rolled down the mountain by an avalanche which buried one of them for 15 minutes, the skier was extremely lucky to survive and was completely unconscious when found.
Please take great care as I am not convinced that the local authorities in Ischgl are making enough noise about the risk levels!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jmeister, the thread you are looking for might be this one?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86684

I believe the avalanche risk was four (not five) for Wednesday and Thursday.

"High avalanche risk widespread...

... Conditions are critical in Tirol's backcountry...

... Extensive experience imperative for backcountry skiing. Those without such experience are urgently advised not to leave the secured ski runs."

It then dropped to three on Friday, Saturday and today.

"Treacherous avalanche situation, considerable avalanche risk widespread."

Seems pretty clear to me? Perhaps off piste skiers not taking the warnings seriously, but the warnings are there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can't legislate for tools.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I know Ischgl well and will be there a week on Friday. Unlike some idiots I'll take account of the avalanche warning level and ski accordingly. If you want to know the warning level its easy to find, posted at the lift stations. Anyone who goes off piste without checking the level is totally irresponsible. I don't know what the authorities can do save close every lift in the resort.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was on the Ischgl website a couple of days ago and it was telling (not advising) everyone to keep on piste. If you know better than the authorities......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy