Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere lift question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Its been a while since I went there and a thinking about going back, there is only one thing that puts me off and that is the button over to La Thuile, is it still there or has it been replaced? Have a copy of WTSS that's a couple of years old and am too tight to buy a new one Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
radar, there are too long drag lifts on the route over to La Thuile. You can avoid the second one but not the first. Both are fine if it's not too cold and/or windy but on a bleak day they would be rather horrid. Both are flattish, even downhill in some places, so not difficult at all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I go to La Roz with my 12 year old daughter on 11th March and having read the massive amount of reviews and the massive disparity between peoples' viewpoints on the area I can honestly say I can't wait........it obviously has something due to some correspondents' passion for the place and sport and holidays are the most subjective, personal subjects in the world, so comments based on resorts being "horses for courses" are always the fairest....so fingers crossed that the sun shines, the wind don't blow too hard and the link to Italy stays open and we are treated to a week of great views, leisurely skiing and good food.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
phatcon, I'm sure you won't be disappointed, the sun usually shines, accpording to the Tourist Office, La Rosiere has more sunshine hours than Carcassone. The wind doesn't blow all the time, most of the storms that give the significant snow depths blow through in December and January. The views are magnificent, from our terrace we can see 11 peaks of over 3,000 metres and from the Belverdere chairlift you can see The Matterhorn, Monte Rosa and Mont Blanc all in the same vista. The link is normally open and whilst the drag lift is long you will enjoy magnificent views of Mont Blanc. The skiing can be as leisurely or as active as you want, there are some superbly steep routes through the trees down to La Thuile, pistas 2 & 3 and their variants, have pitches up to 38% and can be a real challenge when icy. There are over 150 kms of pistes to explore not to mention a dedicated off-piste area, a snowpark and kite- skiing or boarding up on the Col as well as heli-skiing. You certainly won't want for good food both on the mountain and in the village, Lo Riondet on pista 7 is a great place to eat, either inside or out on sunny day. Make sure you get the weekly activity brochure from the Tourist Office which lists all the week's events and be sure not to miss the Monday torchlit ski and firework display.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you very much for your post Ivor............even more excited now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy