Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any thoughts on Seefeld

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is another resort that we are considering.
We are a mix of beginners and early intermediates. Ages 65,42 and 14.
Had looked at another resort but the shopping looks good along with a good range of activities
We are looking at a small guesthouse which has excellent reviews and is £750 each with HB, ski hire, lift pass etc
Has anyone had any experience of this resort, good or bad
I'd imagine that it's quite expensive for drinks etc?
Looking at feb 2013
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seefeld is where i learnt to ski, about 5 years ago as our last family holiday. It is a fairly small resort with relatively few runs but the ski school was brilliant and when you are learning you didn't need 100's km anyway. My Dad had taken a 21 year gap in skiing and found when he found his feet there was just enough to keep him occupied for the few hour of the day when the rest of us were at lessons. Prices im sure have changed quit a bit since i went so can't comment. We did go Feb half term and it was heaving although this was made worse by a lot of other resorts close by having very little or no snow and were busing there guest in making the ques worse. I think when they get snow they seam to get a lot but being low level it is anything but snow sure. Woul i go back, yes (but it would be for a long weekend not a whole week) Rosshutte mountain had some realy nice tree runs down. the gschwandtkopf mountain was much more open and i found it less intimidating at the time. The village centre nursery slopes were not to boring they had some intersting twists and turns and kept most of us happy the the majority of the week.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My family love Seefeld. Skiing is a bit limited if you are advanced, but there is plenty to keep intermediates & the less adventurous happy. I agree with the comments about the excellent ski school – just a shame your youngster is too old to appreciate Gizzi the dragon. The cross country skiing is the best I have seen anywhere.

I think the town has the highest concentration of 4 & 5 star hotel of just about anywhere, but you can still get a large beer for 3.20! Try to get a decent weizen for that in England. As you might expect the food is a very high standard too, and a big Euro Spar if you are self-catering.

I would have thought that for £750 you could get into one of the 4 star hotels if you were that way inclined, unless you are planning for half term?

There is plenty of bowling, massages, swimming pools for any non-skiing days. Husky walks on the frozen lake, horse drawn sleighs - the list goes on.
The train to Innsbruck only takes about half an hour, and you can easily get to Mittenwald, Garmisch etc (my wife likes shopping).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks...I've just gone to book and the price has gone up by £300 total...so may wait a while to see if it comes back down.
Might have a price up of DIY?
Can you book ski hire etc and tuition as cheaply in resort?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski hire is generally cheaper in the resort. There is a good hire shop very close to the ski school (I would reccomend hiring a locker if you will be meeting there every day), good equipment and very helpful staff. I'll see if I can find the name. Depending on where you stay you might be able to get discount on some local hire shops through the hotel.

I have just booked DIY to go again next year. It worked out about £800 cheaper than Inghams. If you fly to Innsbruck you can get the train to Seefeld easily & quickly. Most of the hotels will send a car to pick you up from the station, but it isn't far to walk to most of them.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ditto all of the above, one of my favourite places.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I also learnt to ski in Seefeld and spent many holidays there but that was some 40 years ago!! I need to have a look at a piste map, would be interesting to see if they have expanded the lift system in the meantime....some of the runs (Haermelekopf) I still fondly remember to this day but the queues in those days were something else! The town/atmosphere is one of the nicest I have come across (and I have seen quite a few others since then). Very scenic surroundings (lots of wooded areas), excellent for walks and cross country skiing (Seefeld was the site for cross country skiing during the Innsbruck Olympic games).

Also easy to reach from Munich.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy